**ISTANBUL**
The Houthi group on Saturday evening said that new US airstrikes targeted Al Hudaydah International Airport in western Yemen.
“A new American aggression targeted Al Hudaydah Airport with three airstrikes,” the Houthi-affiliated Al-Masirah TV said on X.
The broadcaster did not provide details regarding casualties or damage caused by the attack.
Last week, US President Donald Trump said he had ordered a "decisive and powerful" attack against the Houthis.
In response, the group said Thursday that Trump's threats "will not deter them from supporting Gaza," as they resumed launching missile and drone attacks on Israel and ships in the Red Sea. This came alongside Israel's renewed assault on Gaza since early Tuesday.
By Thursday evening, American airstrikes in Yemen killed 79 people and injured over 100 others, including women and children, according to Houthi statements.
The Houthi group has been attacking Israeli-linked ships passing through the Red and Arabian seas, the Bab al-Mandab Strait, and the Gulf of Aden with missiles and drones since late 2023, disrupting global trade for what it said was a show of solidarity with the Gaza Strip.
It halted its attacks when a ceasefire was declared in January between Israel and Hamas but threatened to resume them when Israel blocked all humanitarian aid into Gaza on March 2.
[Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. **Please contact us for subscription options.**](https://www.aa.com.tr/en/p/subscription/1001)