Ahead of the ceasefire talks in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Russian attacks continue to be a "daily reality" despite President Vladimir Putin agreeing to a ceasefire.
At least three people were killed in a Russian attack on the southern Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhia.
"These attacks are a daily reality. This week alone, over 1,580 guided aerial bombs, nearly 1,100 strike drones, and 15 missiles of various types were used against our people," said Zelenskyy.
He urged the allies to put "new pressure" on Russia to take measures to end the war. "New decisions and new pressure on Moscow are needed to bring an end to these strikes and this war," he said.
Zelenskyy's appeal to partners came as both Russian and Ukrainian delegates are set to hold discussions with US officials in Riyadh. This is the second round of negotiation talks taking place in Saudi.
Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that the negotiations with the US on Monday would be difficult. Moscow’s “main” focus would be on a possible resumption of a deal to ensure safe navigation for commercial vessels in the Black Sea, he said.
After the Trump-Putin call last week, the White House said that the two leaders agreed that “the movement to peace will begin with an energy and infrastructure ceasefire."
Moscow announced on Thursday that Sergei Beseda, the former head of the FSB spy agency’s fifth directorate, would travel to Riyadh for Monday's talks with the US.
Beseda would be joined by Grigory Karasin, the chair of the Russian Senate’s committee on international affairs, for a new round of talks.