hurriyetdailynews.com

Gaza's Health Ministry says Israeli jets strike largest hospital in south

DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip

Gazas Health Ministry says Israeli jets strike largest hospital in south

Gaza’s Health Ministry says Israel’s military struck the largest hospital in southern Gaza on Sunday night, and Nasser Hospital says one person was killed.

The ministry says the strike caused a large fire in the surgical building of the hospital in the southern city of Khan Younis. The hospital says there are a number of wounded.

Israel’s military did not immediately comment.

Nasser Hospital was overwhelmed with dead and wounded when Israel resumed the war in Gaza last week with a surprise wave of airstrikes that killed hundreds of people.

Like other medical facilities around Gaza, the hospital has been damaged by Israeli raids and strikes throughout the war.

More than 50,000 Palestinians have now been killed in the war between Israel and Hamas, the Health Ministry said earlier Sunday. Israeli airstrikes killed at least 26 Palestinians overnight.

The military claimed to have “eliminated” dozens of militants since Israel ended a ceasefire last week with a surprise wave of strikes that killed hundreds of people on one of the deadliest days in the 17-month war.

Read full news in source page