Arsenal will be keen to pick up from where they left off after the international break. After cruising to a 1-0 win over Chelsea last week, the Gunners will host Fulham at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday evening.
A few days later, Arsenal will face Everton at Goodison Park before locking horns with Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League quarterfinal. The North Londoners are in for a busy couple of weeks, so Mikel Arteta will be desperate to start welcoming back some of his big hitters from the treatment room.
Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Jesus and Kai Havertz, who's expected to be out of the season, have all been nursing injuries lately, missing huge matches. So, with that being said, football.london has rounded up the latest Arsenal news and transfer gossip.
Arsenal target drops transfer hint
Jonathan David has suggested he could make a seamless transition from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. Speaking to The Guardian, the Lille striker, who has been heavily linked with Arsenal in the past, said: "For me, watching the Premier League, the biggest difference it’s just the intensity.
"I think physicality is pretty much the same [as Ligue 1]. But the intensity, the game is always at a high-end tempo, always 100% back and forth, fast and full for 90 minutes, compared to the French league."
On the English weather, David added: "To be fair, it’s not, much different than Lille! They always compare Lille to London. So for me, it wouldn’t be a big change."
football.london says: "I'm keen to see how Jonathan David would do in the Premier League. He's been a serial goalscorer in France for a while now, so I reckon he could do the job for most teams in the top six, possibly top four."
Liverpool ready to poach Arsenal target
According to The Sun, Liverpool could offer Bournemouth the chance to sign Ben Doak as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Antoine Semenyo. The report claims that the 25-year-old winger has been identified as a potential replacement for either Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez and Federico Chiesa, who all faces uncertain futures at Anfield.
It's said that Arsenal are also interested in signing Semenyo. Arteta wanted to bolster his frontline in the January transfer window, with Bukayo Saka, Kai Havertz and Gabriel Jesus all nursing injuries, but the Gunners refrained from splashing the cash.
football.london says: "Unless Arsenal have cash to burn or a better player to offer Bournemouth, Liverpool look best-placed to sign Antoine Semenyo. There's plenty more fish in the sea."
Arsenal sent Isak transfer warning
Speaking to talkSPORT on Sunday, Michael Owen tipped Liverpool to throw the kitchen sink at a deal for Alexander Isak. The 45-year-old said: "If Isak was available I think Liverpool would do everything in their power to get somebody like that. But so would Arsenal. Arsenal are absolutely desperate for a player like that. Who wouldn’t be desperate for a player like that."
Owen added: "From Newcastle’s point of view they simply cannot let him go. I hear what you’re saying about the balancing of the books and leaving them in credit with the financial rules but so what?
"You prefer Isak, he’s the one who is going to bounce you into that elite level. You need special players, look at Liverpool this year, they’ve got the best centre-half, one of the best attackers in Mo Salah.
"They’ve got the best goalkeeper, you have to have the very elite players to compete. He is one you’ve just got to build your team around, they’ve already got a really strong midfield and with Isak up front you’ve got half a chance."
football.london says: "If Liverpool can't even be prepared to pay the big bucks for at least one of Virgil van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold or Mohamed Salah then how will they pull together around £100m for Alexander Isak – and further reinforcements! If he were to leave Newcastle United in the summer, it's between Arsenal and Chelsea for me."
Join the football.london Arsenal WhatsApp channel
Arsenal Manager Mikel Arteta, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard and Gabriel Jesus with the Arsenal Therapy Dog Win during the Arsenal Men's team group shoot at London Colney on September 18, 2023
Join our Arsenal WhatsApp channel and get all the latest breaking news, opinion, podcasts and in-depth stories from football.london's dedicated Arsenal writers straight to your phone!
By following this free service you will be the first to know the news from the Emirates Stadium as it happens, when it happens.
To join our dedicated Arsenal channel, all you have to do is click this link and you can join thousands of others following our Gunners coverage!
If you're curious, you can check out our privacy policy here.