footballfancast.com

Marinakis now genuinely wants to sign "world-class" star on huge wages for Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is ready to go all out this summer and sign a “world-class” star striker, according to a new report.

Nottingham Forest eye new striker to help Chris Wood

The Reds look on course to seal Champions League qualification for next season, and that means the club will have additional funds available to spend. Chris Wood has been exceptional for Forest this season, but if they are playing European football next season, then the New Zealand international is going to need help, evidenced harshly by a worrying hip injury he picked up on Monday morning.

chris wood Related

New Zealand boss comments on Chris Wood injury amid Nottingham Forest fears

An update has been provided on Chris Wood's injury ahead of his return to Nottingham Forest.

The Premier League side are indeed in the market for a new striker, with it being reported last week that Forest have made contact with Viktor Gyokeres’ representatives over a potential move to the City Ground. Their search doesn’t stop there, as The Boot Room state that the Reds are ready to move for Matheus Cunha, as they continue talks over a move this summer having been linked in January.

best-premier-league-striker-isak-cunha-wood

Cunha’s representatives and Forest have remained in contact, and Reds chiefs believe the player would likely be interested in a move. Brentford’s Yoane Wissa is also a target for Forest - another who was of interest during the January transfer window. Wissa will enter the final year of his contract this summer, and he could be available for between £15-20 million.

Marinakis and Nottingham Forest want to sign £63m star

Surprisingly, the list of potential new strikers at the City Ground does not stop there, as according to TEAMtalk, Nottingham Forest are showing an interest in signing Victor Osimhen from Napoli once his loan spell at Galatasaray ends.

Galatasaray's Victor Osimhen reacts

The report states that Marinakis is already planning for next season, and given that he is ambitious and wants to establish the Reds among the elite in England and Europe, he is ready to spend big if they qualify for the Champions League. In fact, Marinakis is ready to break the bank to bring in some big-name players, and given they want an elite number nine, they have turned their attention to Osimhen.

The Reds are said to have looked at the Nigerian’s situation, as the Italian side are keen on selling Osimhen permanently in the summer, but it is said that the player himself will demand high wages and wants to play for an elite club.

TEAMtalk state that Forest would have no problems paying the required wage, but it is unclear how much they are willing to spend to sign him, as he’s got a release clause worth £63 million.

The 26-year-old, who has been dubbed “world-class” by José Mourinho in 2023, has been in sensational form while playing in Turkey, as he’s scored 20 goals in 22 league games. Unfortunately for Forest, they are not the only team interested in signing Osimhen, with Manchester United also keeping an eye on his situation as they look for an upgrade to Rasmus Hojlund.

Read full news in source page