Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe is smiling as he holds the Carabao Cup on the pitch at Wembley following Newcastle's win. He is wearing a black tracksuit and is surrounded by Newcastle United players wearing medals.Action Images/Reuters
Newcastle United have confirmed an open top bus parade will take place on Saturday to mark their historic Carabao Cup win.
It will take place before a celebration at the Town Moor which will feature a live band, special guests and a full screening of the cup final.
The parade will start from St James' Park, before making its way down Gallowgate, turning on to Percy Street and then heading onto the B1318 towards Gosforth.
It will end at the Town Moor where the players will make their way on to the stage and lift the Carabao Cup alongside boss Eddie Howe.
Further details and timings for the parade are set to be announced on Tuesday.
Newcastle United said there had been huge interest in the Town Moor celebration.
Even before bookings opened there were hundreds already in the online queue.
"The club received unprecedented interest from supporters wishing to attend the event on the Town Moor," the said.
"Every fan that registered an interest in the event will receive a ticket via email."
Follow BBC Newcastle onX (formerly Twitter),Facebook andInstagram.
Get in touch
Do you have a story suggestion for BBC Tyne?
Contact form
Contact form
Related topics
Newcastle upon Tyne