football.london

Chelsea sent new striker transfer confirmation as£40m stance emerges

Chelsea have been handed an update on potential summer transfer target Liam Delap.

The striker has performed well at Ipswich Town this season, with 10 goals to his name in a struggling team. The Tractor Boys sit 18th in the Premier League table and are nine points off safety with nine games left to play.

Ipswich's likely relegation to the Championship will open the door for Chelsea to make a move. The former Manchester City forward is also said to be attracting interest from Manchester United as Ruben Amorim's team look for an answer to their goalscoring problems.

Reports suggest that City secured a £40million buy-back clause when they sold Delap, a figure which appears to set the bar for what other clubs may be expected to pay if they pursue the 22-year-old.

And journalist Fabrizio Romano, who specialises in transfers, has weighed in on the situation through his latest newsletter for GiveMeSport. He confirms the interest from Enzo Maresca's side.

"He’s on Chelsea list for sure, let’s see if more clubs join or not," Romano said. "All Premier League clubs looking for a striker are monitoring him but at the moment nothing concrete yet."

The Hampshire-born striker joined the senior England team for training last week, where he rubbed shoulders with top players, including Harry Kane and Jude Bellingham.

"It was an incredible experience. They're all players I look up to, admire and carve my game upon," he said.

"They appreciate that everyone is here for a reason. There is so much expression of freedom, they let you be you, obviously in a structured way, but they let you be yourself.

"I've been here through the age groups, so it's always nice to come here and play with people you have played with through the years. Some of my close friends are here, so it is always nice to come and play with them. James McAtee is my really close friend from [Manchester] City growing up."

Join the football.london Chelsea WhatsApp community

Cole Palmer of Chelsea celebrates scoring his team's second goal from the penalty spot with team mate Jadon Sancho during the Premier League match between Chelsea FC and Brighton & Hove Albion FC at Stamford Bridge on September 28, 2024

Sign up to our Chelsea WhatsApp service and get all the latest breaking news and in-depth stories from football.london's dedicated Chelsea writers direct to your phone.

By signing up to this free service you will be the first to know the news from Stamford Bridge as it happens.

To join our Chelsea community, all you have to do is **click this link**to join and you're in!

Read full news in source page