Manchester United target Hugo Ekitike has been the subject of enquiries from Premier League teams, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano.
The Frenchman is a player in high demand and, writing on his X account, Romano said that there is a strong chance that he will move clubs over the coming months:
“Hugo Ekitike, expected to leave Eintracht Frankfurt in the summer after the excellent season he’s having. Premier League clubs already started calling for the French striker ahead of the summer transfer window.”
Most Read on ManUNews.com
Romano doesn’t name which teams are interested in Ekitike but United are known to have the 22-year-old on their shortlist of targets.
United have identified four strikers ahead of the summer
Reports in the German media have named Ekitike, along with RB Leipzig’s Benjamin Sesko, Sporting Lisbon’s Viktor Gyokeres and Victor Osimhen as the club’s main options to strengthen the frontline.
In a recent article, we compared all four players, using several different metrics to determine which would be the best signing. You can read our insights here.
Ekitike won’t be available on the cheap
Frankfurt are said to be demanding a fee in the region of €80m (£66m) for the France youth international which is a sizeable sum.
However, Ekitike’s reputation is growing by the day. He scored a hat-trick against England’s Under 21s on Friday evening. For his club, has has found the back of the net 19 times in 38 appearances.
It means that United won’t be the only ones tempted to make a bid. Earlier this month, it was reported that Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham were also keen on signing the striker. His ultimate destination may be decided by who is willing to stump up the requisite cash.
If you would like to read more stories like this, visit our Man Utd transfer news page