sportbible.com

Real Madrid 'to hijack' Liverpool transfer after Trent Alexander-Arnold deal as player's father sends message

Real Madrid set to hijack Liverpool transfer after poaching Trent Alexander-Arnold as player's father makes revealing post

Published 11:38 26 Mar 2025 GMT

Real are set to deal another blow to Liverpool.

Real Madrid are planning to hijack a Liverpool transfer after 'agreeing' to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold, a new report has claimed.

It was reported by talkSPORT on Tuesday that Alexander-Arnold has agreed to join Real Madrid this summer, ending an association with Liverpool that has lasted since he was six years old.

The right-back is out of contract at Anfield at the end of the season and can therefore leave on a free transfer.

That particular aspect of the reported agreement has not gone down well with Liverpool fans, given that he was previously valued at over £100 million by Reds chiefs.

Liverpool will now likely need to recruit his replacement, with Conor Bradley needing competition on the right flank as the only natural option in that position.

But they are reportedly first targeting a centre-back, with Bournemouth's Dean Huijsen on their radar.

The 19-year-old was born in the Netherlands but represents Spain at international level, making his international debut in the Nations League quarter-final clash against the country of his birth.

On Wednesday, AS reported that Real had joined the race to sign the centre-back, who has impressed during his first season in the Premier League with Andoni Iraola's side.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United are all credited with an interest in Huijsen.

Huijsen's father has shared a report on the Bournemouth star's future (Image: Instagram)

Huijsen's father has shared a report on the Bournemouth star's future (Image: Instagram)

However, perhaps pointedly, the AS report on Real's interest was shared on Instagram by Huijsen's father, Don. The report, featured on the front of page of AS, is titled 'Operacion Huijsen'.

During international duty, the 19-year-old told Spanish media that he is not currently 'thinking' about his future beyond the end of this season.

"I'm not thinking about that right now," he said. "I'm thinking about ending the season well, and I hope I do.

"Then when the time comes, we'll see. It makes you proud that such a big team is interested in you. I'll keep working, and being humble."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Real Madrid, Champions League, Transfers

Read full news in source page