nufcblog.co.uk

Kluivert claims £50m Newcastle target is leaving – “We all know he won’t be with us”

Newcastle United will be in the market for a number of first-team additions this summer, with a centre-back and right-winger bound to be at the top of Eddie Howe’s wishlist.

One club of particular interest appears to be Bournemouth, where we’ve seen a number of Cherries stars linked since the turn of the year.

Whether it’s attackers Antoine Semenyo and Justin Kluivert – reportedly discussed in recent recruitment meetings – or star centre-backs Dean Huijsen or Illia Zabarnyi, all four have been mentioned as players on Newcastle’s summer radar.

This week, one of those has told the media that his Bournemouth teammate will be leaving the club this summer in a surprisingly frank interview while away on international duty.

Speaking to MARCA after the Netherlands’ 3-3 draw with Spain on Sunday, Bournemouth star and reported Toon target Justin Kluivert was asked about the future of Cherries teammate Dean Huijsen.

Newcastle heavily linked with the Spanish international and Mark Douglas of the i revealed last week that we hold ‘serious’ interest in signing the former Juventus talent.

A £50m release clause has left him with no end of suitors and Kluivert has all but confirmed the South Coast club are resigned to his departure:

“He plays for Bournemouth with me,” he said. “He is a great player. Spain has a phenomenon for so many years.”

“He is truly amazing. He came to England in the summer and adapted fantastically. He is so young and he already plays for Spain – and he plays like this.

“I’m sure he will have a lot of offers in the summer. And we all know that next year he won’t be with us at Bournemouth.”

No description available.

Newcastle United would no doubt love a talented, two-footed and 19-year-old Huijsen to join Howe’s Newcastle, but it looks like we’ll face intense competition.

After starring in the Premier League and shining for Spain in his first senior start over the international break, his stock continues to rise and reports in Spain suggest Real Madrid will activate his £50m release clause this summer.

The player himself has responded to those links to Real and he’s clearly flattered, saying: “It’s an honor when such a big club is interested in me”.

“I’m only thinking about ending the season well, then when the time comes, we’ll see”.

He didn’t give much away, but it’s fair to say Newcastle – even with Champions League football – would struggle to compete for his signature should the La Liga giants make a move.

Elsewhere, Liverpool are thought to be keen as they face the prospect of Virgil van Dijk departing this summer.

Read full news in source page