miamiherald.com

Donald Trump Says He Wasn’t Briefed About US Soldiers Missing In Lithuania

President Donald Trump has said he was not briefed about four soldiers reported missing during military exercises in Lithuania.

U.S. Army Europe and Africa said on Wednesday that four soldiers with the 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, were missing from a training ground near Pabradė, which sits close to the country's border with Belarus.

When asked by a reporter whether he had been briefed on the situation, Trump said: "No, I haven't."

The soldiers were carrying out "scheduled tactical training at the time of the incident," the U.S. army said in a statement.

It added that search efforts involved both the U.S. and Lithuanian militaries, along with law enforcement.

In a later update, the U.S. Army said that a M88 Hercules armored recovery vehicle that the four soldiers were using at the time of the incident had been found "submerged in a body of water."

This is a breaking story. More to follow.

Related Articles

Autos Group Warns Trump on EU Tariffs

Trump Admin Handed Legal Loss Over Transgender Troops Ban in Stinging Order

Fox News Contributor Rips Trump Admin Over Signal Texts Claim: 'Undeniable'

Trump Dubs Himself 'Fertilization President' At Women's History Month Event

2025 NEWSWEEK DIGITAL LLC.

This story was originally published March 27, 2025 at 3:50 AM.

Read full news in source page