Nottingham Forest are said to be keeping tabs on LA Galaxy attacker Gabriel Pec as they look ahead to the upcoming transfer window.
It is set to be a big summer for the Reds, and one they hope will involve planning for a European campaign. Nuno Espirito Santo’s side are third in the Premier League table with nine games to go and have their sights set on Champions League qualification.
But regardless of whether they get over the line, changes will be made to the squad for the 2025/26 season. Incomings and outgoings are expected with the aim of helping Forest to push on again next term.
The Reds have already been credited with an interest in a number of players as their plans begin to take shape. According to Italian publication Calciomercato, Pec has now emerged as a potential target.
The 24-year-old Brazilian is not short of admirers and Forest have been identified as among the teams keen on signing him. Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool are also competing for his signature, it is claimed.
Get your special Nottingham Forest in Europe souvenir edition
We have produced a special 48-page edition of the Nottingham Post celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.
Nottingham Forest are flying high in the Premier League and Reds fans are dreaming of a return to European competition. It has been an outstanding campaign for Nuno Espirito Santo’s men, who are on course for a place in the Champions League next season. And Forest supporters can whet their appetite for a possible return to football’s top tier on the continent with our 48-page special edition celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.
undefined
Buy now and have it delivered directly to your door. Alternatively you can purchase in most supermarkets, high street retailers and independent newsagents in Nottinghamshire from April, 2 2025.
For online order postage and packaging applies, orders will be posted from April 2, 2025.
Able to operate as a winger or a striker, Pec’s versatility makes him an attractive proposition. A €20-25 million (£16-20m) price tag is said to have been placed on his head.
Pec made the move to MLS side LA Galaxy from Brazilian outfit Vasco da Gama in January 2024 for a reported $10m (£7.7m) fee. He has bagged 17 goals in 39 league appearances for the US side since then.
There is a strong Brazilian contingent already in place at the City Ground. Murillo, Morato, Danilo and Carlos Miguel are all part of Nuno’s squad.
Forest made strengthening out wide a priority last summer. Ramon Sosa and Jota Silva arrived to provide cover and competition for Callum Hudson-Odoi and Anthony Elanga.
Bolstering their options at the top end of the pitch will be top of the agenda again this time around. Adding an out-and-out forward will be key, and it would come as little surprise if a winger is also targeted.
Calciomercato add Inter are also eyeing up Corinthians’ Yuri Alberto. There was talk of a £19m bid from the Reds in January. Nothing materialised at the time, but reports have suggested Forest have been in touch with his agent since and could revive their interest.
Alberto reportedly has an £82m release clause in his contract. It is claimed Corinthians could accept less than that, with a starting price of £30m mooted.
Would Pec be a good signing for Forest? Click HERE to have your say