nottinghampost.com

Snubbed Nottingham Forest ace opens up on his 'differences' with England boss Thomas Tuchel

Nottingham Forest ace Callum Hudson-Odoi has reflected on past “differences” with England boss Thomas Tuchel as he aims to catch the German’s eye once again.

Hudson-Odoi has been in fine form in the Garibaldi this season and has played a huge role in the Reds’ Champions League push. There was talk he might have been included in the Three Lions squad for this month’s World Cup qualifiers.

In the event, the winger did not make the cut. He was not alone on that front as Tuchel’s original squad featured no Forest representation, although Morgan Gibbs-White did receive a late call-up and Elliot Anderson was part of the Under-21s group.

Hudson-Odoi, who has three caps to his name, has not given up on getting another chance for his country. Any clashes with Tuchel from when the pair were at Chelsea together are seemingly in the past.

"We had our differences at times and that is normal,” the 24-year-old told the BBC. “Every player and coach has their differences.

"Like (when Tuchel had me) playing wing-back and I am like 'why am I here?' But it was to benefit the team and it benefits myself, helping me work on my defensive game.

"It's good that we had that moment and we have talked about it. He is an amazing manager and he knows how to get the best out of players.

"If the possibility and chance (for England) comes – I will have to go there and prove myself all over again. I just control what I can control. It's about enjoying my football once again, smiling and being positive."

Hudson-Odoi, who last played for England in November 2019, has bagged five goals from 28 appearances for the Reds so far this season.

Nuno Espirito Santo’s side are third in the Premier League table with nine games to go and have Champions League qualification in their sights.

They are also through to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, taking on Brighton and Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium on Saturday (5.15pm kick-off).

Get your special Nottingham Forest in Europe souvenir edition

We have produced a special 48-page edition of the Nottingham Post celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

Nottingham Forest are flying high in the Premier League and Reds fans are dreaming of a return to European competition. It has been an outstanding campaign for Nuno Espirito Santo’s men, who are on course for a place in the Champions League next season. And Forest supporters can whet their appetite for a possible return to football’s top tier on the continent with our 48-page special edition celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

undefined

Buy now and have it delivered directly to your door. Alternatively you can purchase in most supermarkets, high street retailers and independent newsagents in Nottinghamshire from April, 2 2025.

For online order postage and packaging applies, orders will be posted from April 2, 2025.

"This season everything has just changed – from mentality to determination," Hudson-Odoi said before the latest international break. "It's just a big drive from us and we are trying to push each other every day. We know we have the ability to do this. We know where we are but we have to keep dreaming and believing that as a team.”

Gibbs-White ended the international camp without having played a single minute for Tuchel. He was left out of the match squad for England’s victory over Albania and was an unused substitute against Latvia.

Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi and Anderson will no doubt hope to force their way into Tuchel’s thinking for his next squad. The Three Lions are next in action in June, with a World Cup qualifier away to Andorra followed by a friendly against Senegal to be staged at Forest’s City Ground on the 10th of the month.

Should Hudson-Odoi have been called up by Tuchel? Click HERE to have your say

Get breaking Forest news sent direct to your phone

Join our Nottingham Forest WhatsApp group and get the latest breaking news, interviews and opinion sent straight to your phone, plus matchday team news and live updates of all the action. Just click here and select ‘Join Community’ to get started. The only proviso is that you must have WhatsApp on your phone to participate. No one will be able to see your personal information and you will only receive messages from the NottinghamshireLive Reds writers.

We will not spam your WhatsApp feed with constant messages, but you will receive updates from us daily with the latest Reds stories. If you later decide to opt out, just go to the name at the top of your screen and click 'Exit Group'. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions and adverts from us and our partners. If you are curious, you can click here to read our Privacy Notice.

Read full news in source page