standard.co.uk

Wood injury latest as Nottingham Forest issue update ahead of FA Cup

Mike Egerton/PA Wire

Nottingham Forest striker Chris Wood has been ruled out of Saturday's FA Cup quarter-final against Brighton.

The striker, who has scored 18 goals in 29 Premier League games this season, was forced off in the 53rd minute of New Zealand's 3-0 win over New Calendonia earlier this week with a suspected hip injury.

Wood reportedly on Tuesday underwent scans on his right hip to determine the severity of the injury before flying back to his club.

"That's where the pain is at the moment," Wood told reporters following the injury. "I felt it on that side so I'll get it checked over and hopefully it is nothing too major and hopefully it's just impact."

Wood has undergone a further scan now back with Forest and, when asked for an update, Nuno EspĂ­rito Santo told reporters on Thursday: "He went for a scan today. We are still waiting. He has been to a specialist for a scan. We will wait on the information and see.

"He will not be available for this game. He felt a kick really hard on his hip so there is pain there. We have to wait."

More follows.

Read full news in source page