King Charles postpones engagements due to side effects of cancer treatment
19m ago19 minutes agoThu 27 Mar 2025 at 9:15pm
Older man in a suit wearing a a suit and waving
Buckingham Palace says the king has postponed engagements. (Reuters: Chris Jackson/Pool)
King Charles has been forced to postpone his public engagements due to side effects from his ongoing cancer treatment, Buckingham Palace says.
A statement from Buckingham Palace said the king "required a short period of observation in hospital" on Thursday morning local time.
The palace said the king had returned to Clarence House, and he would not be travelling to Birmingham on Friday as planned.
He was previously scheduled for a busy day of engagements, including a tour of the city's Royal Ballet.
Loading
Posted19m ago19 minutes agoThu 27 Mar 2025 at 9:15pm, updated1m ago1 minutes agoThu 27 Mar 2025 at 9:33pm
Copy link
X (formerly Twitter)