manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Marcus Rashford Man United transfer deal stance as Geovany Quenda£25m alternative emerges

Marcus Rashford looks on

Marcus Rashford could leave Manchester United on a permanent basis this summer

Manchester United will have to wait until they return to action with the FA Cup quarter-finals meaning there are no Premier League fixtures this weekend.

Ruben Amorim's side recorded several impressive results before the March international break. The Reds managed a draw against Arsenal, followed by resounding victories over Real Sociedad in the Europa League and Leicester City in the Premier League.

United are set to resume their campaign on Tuesday night with a challenging away fixture against Nottingham Forest before the Manchester derby at Old Trafford. Following this, the Reds will travel to Lyon for the first leg of their pivotal Europa League quarter-final tie.

Below are some of the latest United headlines as well as a view on each one...

Rashford update

Journalist Fabrizio Romano, who specialises in transfers, has claimed that Aston Villa are keen on securing a permanent deal for Man United's Marcus Rashford. However, he adds that it depends on their progress in competitions this season on a financial scale.

"Aston Villa are very happy with Marcus Rashford in general. So I don't think, in any case, if they decided to trigger the £40million option clause, I don't think they would do that just to sell the player again," he told GiveMeSport.

"So in that case, I see Marcus Rashford staying at Aston Villa and having the opportunity to make something long-term with the club. What I can say about Marcus Rashford is that it's going to be really important to understand financially what happens for Aston Villa.

"So now they're obviously really focused on the quarter-finals of the Champions League, and to see what happens in the Premier League table from now to the end of the season. That's going to be obviously really important, and then we will have to see financially."

Isaac Seelochan of The Manchester Evening News says: "It feels inevitable that Rashford will depart United on a permanent deal this summer, and Villa looks to be the perfect place for him right now. The Reds may be disappointed if Rashford's form continues that they won't get more than £40m for him, but his homegrown status will mean any sale will boost United's PSR position."

Quenda alternative

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo claim that United are interested in Braga winger Roger Fernandes after missing out on Sporting's Geovany Quenda to Chelsea.

It is said that the Reds see Fernandes as an ‘immense talent’ with potential similar to that of Quenda. The 19-year-old reportedly has a €40m (£33m) release clause in his contract, but Braga are said to be willing to sell for around €30m (£25m) this summer.

Isaac Seelochan of The Manchester Evening News says: "Fernandes sounds like a promising player but the question will be if United need someone with more experience.

"The Reds must also exercise caution over signing players from a league the manager knows well, having previously done the same under Erik ten Hag with negative consequences."

Get United transfer news and updates on WhatsApp!

Our team of Manchester United experts are on top of all the goings-on at Old Trafford for this week and beyond, and you can get the latest team news, injury updates, reaction and analysis along with inside information to your phone by joining our new free WhatsApp community. You can also join the 50,000 (and growing!) band of United fans who are following our WhatsApp Channel.

Sign up to our community here, and join our WhatsApp channel here.

--

We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Read full news in source page