liverpoolecho.co.uk

Alexander Isak to Liverpool transfer latest - Newcastle United 'stance' and £120m 'fee'

Latest Liverpool transfer news and gossip as Alexander Isak continues to be linked with a move to Anfield

Comments

Sport

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 26: Alexander Isak of Newcastle United (14) arrives for the Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Newcastle United FC at Anfield on February 26, 2025 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

Alexander Isak arrives for the Premier League match between Liverpool and Newcastle United at Anfield

(Image: Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)

Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak continues to be linked with a summer move to Liverpool. The Reds have been mentioned alongside the likes of Arsenal and Barcelona in apparently being interested in signing the Sweden international.

Isak has scored 23 goals in all competitions for Newcastle this season and is competing with Mohamed Salah for the Premier League Golden Boot award. It's that form which has seen him heavily linked with moves away from St James' Park.

The Reds currently have Darwin Nunez and Diogo Jota as their centre-forward options, but reported interest in Isak has raised whether the pair will be at Anfield next season. Here, we take a look at what has been reported and said about Liverpool's apparent interest in signing Isak.

READ MORE: Liverpool owners FSG considering club move as new investment battle emergesREAD MORE: Alexander Isak faces awkward Federico Chiesa conversation if £120m Liverpool deal is completed

Alexander Isak latest

According to a report by Give Me Sport, Liverpool have a genuine interest in signing Isak when the summer transfer window opens. The report also claims that, despite Newcastle's apparent stance, a fee in the region of £120million could be enough to tempt the Magpies into doing business.

A major factor in what will happen with Isak's future, it has been stated, is if the club qualifies for next season's Champions League.

Future admission

With the international break in full swing earlier this month, Isak linked up with the Sweden national team and was asked about his future, in particular potential links with Liverpool. The striker made an honest admission about his future, where he also reiterated his commitment to Newcastle.

"I don't know much, to be honest," he said in an interview with fotbollskanalen earlier this month. "From within the club and from our side there are absolutely no discussions. It's just full focus on playing for me. There's not much to say, really. I've commented on my situation and my security in Newcastle several times.

"It's been written how much I love the city and the club, how well I feel there. I'm not thinking about the future. I just want to perform for Newcastle. Now we won the cup, but we want to finish strong and reach the Champions League games. That's where my focus lies.

"There is no reason for me to think about anything else (other than Newcastle). I feel incredibly comfortable at Newcastle. The only focus I have is on playing."

Newcastle stance

A report from The Athletic this week provided an update on Isak's future amid reported interest from Liverpool. The report went into detail about Newcastle's attitude towards the rumours.

It has been claimed that Newcastle view Isak as irreplaceable and are resolute in their stance that the player is not available for transfer. Senior officials at St James' Park are apparently in agreement that they do not want to see Isak leave the club in the summer, despite suggestions of a price tag in excess of £100million.

Read full news in source page