The Dallas Mavericks have been in the news a lot over the past few months and not for the best reasons. Since the decision to trade away star guard Luka Doncic, Dallas has taken a lot of flak and criticism from those around the league.
Moving a star in the middle of their prime is typically unheard of, yet the Mavericks did it anyway. No matter the reasons, it wasn't a great look for the organization, and people are rightfully still upset.
One of those is former owner Mark Cuban, and he has voiced his frustrations with the trade previously. Cuban sold his majority stake of the team a while back, so he wasn't able to stop the trade from happening.
Read more:Mark Cuban Breaks Silence About Mavericks Trading Away Luka Doncic to Lakers
Well, it seems that Cuban is still upset with everything. Cuban went on an NSFW rant against a former Mavericks employee on social media.
This came after the former employee said Cuban should be run out of Dallas.
"I did every d*** thing I could for 23 years. Kept prices lower than not only any NBA team, but lower than college teams, too. I had $2 tickets for multiple years. When I sold there were always 4k tickets under $29. I made money 2 out of 23 year I was the majority owner. Lost hundreds of millions of dollars and you kept on collecting your salary."
"Go back to what I said when I sold the team...I honestly got tired of the growing number of fans who became p***** on social media. People exactly like you," responded Cuban. I paid your salary. I gave you a bonus I didn't have to give you. Then Nico and the new owners do something none of us liked and you decide to try to f**k with me. Thank you for confirming I made the right decision."
The rant from Cuban seems to show his frustration with how everything has gone down. Cuban isn't to blame for the trade of Doncic, despite some fans and others wanting to blame him.
Cuban previously stated that he would never let Doncic leave the team, but that was when he was the majority owner. The new ownership clearly has a new way of thinking and fans may not like it.
The Mavericks are still in contention for the postseason despite trading away Doncic. It may be a long shot for them to do anything substantial this season, but going forward, they do still have two stars running the show.
Cuban will remain a fan of the Mavericks, but he's shown that he won't accept criticism that he deems unfair.
More NBA news:
Grizzlies GM Offers More Details Into Why Taylor Jenkins Was Fired
Top 3 Head Coach Candidates After Grizzlies Shockingly Fired Taylor Jenkins
Grizzlies Star To Miss Remainder of NBA Season
For more on the Dallas Mavericks and the NBA at large, head on over to Newsweek Sports.
Related Articles
Mavericks Injury Report: Anthony Davis, Daniel Gafford Status vs Magic Revealed
Knicks vs Mavericks Injury Report: Jalen Brunson, Anthony Davis Status Revealed
Mavericks' Anthony Davis Has Injury Status Upgraded For Nets Game
Mavericks Should Save Anthony Davis From Himself
2025 NEWSWEEK DIGITAL LLC.
This story was originally published March 29, 2025 at 1:51 PM.