Jurgen Klopp has been involved in his first sacking as Global Head of Soccer at Red Bull
Jurgen Klopp and Mario Gomez watch the match between Omiya Ardija and Montedio Yamagata at NACK5 Stadium Omiya
RB Leipzig are searching for a new coach after they confirmed on Sunday they had parted company with Marco Rose. The decision to part company with Rose came following a 1-0 Bundesliga defeat to Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday.
Leipzig, who play Stuttgart in the semi-finals of the German Cup on Wednesday night, are currently sixth in the Bundesliga table and have won just three of their last 11 Bundesliga games. Rose's sacking is the first since Jurgen Klopp joined the Red Bull group earlier this year.
The former Liverpool boss took on the role of Global Head of Soccer in January after agreeing to take the opportunity in October. However, if supporters of the German club are hoping that Klopp will make a return to the dugout at the Red Bull Arena, then they are set to be left disappointed.
READ MORE: Premier League title race takes fresh twist as Liverpool handed potential Arsenal advantageREAD MORE: Liverpool youngster involved in crowd altercation after fresh injury setback
Speaking back in January, Klopp said he has made clear that he will not become manager at one of the Red Bull clubs. The Kop icon said: "I will not be the coach of a Red Bull team. That is a clear commitment.
"As much as you can give a guarantee, I will not be a coach at all. I am probably the only person in this room who will be asked, 'Where are you in five years?' I don't have a clue.
"But I will not be a replacement of one of the Red Bull coaches. I hope we can create a structure where these questions will not come up at all."
According to reports in Germany, Klopp is an admirer of Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner, who led Frankfurt to the Europa League title in 2022. As a result, Glasner has reportedly emerged the frontrunner for the role.
In a statement, RB Leipzig said: “Marco Rose has been relieved of his duties as RB Leipzig head coach with immediate effect. The club will announce who will take over the head coach role on an interim basis in due course.”
While Leipzig’s managing director for sport, Marcel Schafer, said: “We have believed in our co-operation with Marco and his team for a very long time and, up to now, tried everything to turn things around together.
“Given the development and the continued lack of results, we’re all firmly convinced that we need new impetus for the remainder of the campaign in order to achieve our aims for the season.
“We’d like to thank Marco and his coaching team for the success we enjoyed together and their commitment to the club.”