dailyrecord.co.uk

Rangers told Dor Turgeman asking price as Vaclav Cerny deal not the only transfer hinging on…

The Maccabi Tel Aviv star is out of contract in 2026 and is attracting interest from across Europe

18:50, 30 Mar 2025

(Image: AFP via Getty Images)

Rangers will reportedly have to stump up at least £5million if they are to land Maccabi Tel Aviv star Dor Turgeman this summer.

Reports in Israel suggest that Ibrox scouts were in attendance to watch Israeli frontman Turgeman bag his first goal for his country and are said to be keen on a deal along with English Championship side Burnley.

Article continues below

The pending takeover from the Andrew Cavenagh and 49ers Enterprises consortium could mean that Scottish Premiership side will have some cash to spend next summer.

The 21-year-old has 17 goals in 35 matches with the club battling for their second consecutive Israeli Premier League.

Sport 5 report that Maccabi are looking for around £5million for a player who is out of contract at the end of the 2026 campaign - and who they believe is unlikely to pen an extension.

He's not the only man the new owners may have to spend big on - with time ticking down on the Wolfsburg loanee Vaclav Cerny's £5.5million purchase option.

We exclusively broke the story that the owners faces a big call over the winger after his impressive campaign - which has seen him net 17 goals in 44 appearances so far.

Former Celtic hero Andy Walker reckons a deal will depend on if the consortium wish to splash the cash.

He told the Go Radio Football Show: “I think everything depends on where Rangers are going with this potential takeover. There’s talk of a lot of money being invested if it goes through. If it doesn’t go through, I can’t see them coming up with £5.5m for Cerny.”

Cerny is a doubt for next Saturday's game against Hibs after missing the dramatic victory over Dundee through injury following his return from international duty with the Czech Republic.

Rangers' interim boss Barry Ferguson said: "He's come back with a hamstring issue. I made the decision that it wasn't worth the risk because he's obviously a big player for us,"

Follow Record Sport on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all of the up-to-the minute breaking news, video and audio on the SPFL, the Scotland national team and beyond.

You can get all the news you need on our dedicated Rangers and Celtic pages, and sign up to our newsletters to make sure you never miss a beat throughout the season.

We're also WhatsApp where we bring all the latest breaking news and transfer gossip directly to you phone. Join our Rangers community here and our Celtic community here.

Article continues below

Tune in to Hotline Live every Sunday to Thursday and have your say on the biggest issues in Scottish football and listen to Record Sport's newest podcast, Game On, every Friday for your sporting fix, all in bitesize chunks.

Read full news in source page