nottinghampost.com

Darwin Nunez to Nottingham Forest transfer update emerges amid £50m 'offer' claim

Nottingham Forest have reportedly submitted a “formal offer” for Liverpool striker Darwin Nunez.

Strengthening head coach Nuno Espirito Santo’s attacking options will be a priority for the Reds at the end of the season. They have already been credited with an interest in a number of forwards, and Nunez was last week added to the list of players linked with the club.

It was said Forest were “monitoring” the 25-year-old’s situation as they considered the possibility of a summer swoop. But now a report claims those plans have now been stepped up.

Spanish publication Fichajes claims the Reds have already put forward a “formal offer” of €60 million (£50m) for the Liverpool man. The report states Forest are “determined” to clinch Nunez’s signature “as soon as possible” and have already started talks with their Premier League rivals.

It is suggested the £50m fee could be enough to tempt the Anfield club to sell. However, with no “definitive agreement” in place there could still be a bidding war for the Uruguayan.

Get your special Nottingham Forest in Europe souvenir edition

We have produced a special 48-page edition of the Nottingham Post celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

Nottingham Forest are flying high in the Premier League and Reds fans are dreaming of a return to European competition. It has been an outstanding campaign for Nuno Espirito Santo’s men, who are on course for a place in the Champions League next season. And Forest supporters can whet their appetite for a possible return to football’s top tier on the continent with our 48-page special edition celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

undefined

Buy now and have it delivered directly to your door. Alternatively you can purchase in most supermarkets, high street retailers and independent newsagents in Nottinghamshire from April, 2 2025.

For online order postage and packaging applies, orders will be posted from April 2, 2025.

Newcastle United and Atletico Madrid have also been linked with Nunez ahead of the summer transfer window. Last week, the Premier League confirmed the dates for when clubs will be able to start doing business.

The window will open for English top-flight clubs on June 1 and stay open until June 10. It will then close for a short period before reopening on June 16 until deadline day on September 1. The change is due what has been described as “an exceptional registration period relating to the FIFA Club World Cup”.

It will be a particularly important window for Forest, especially if they clinch Champions League qualification. Changes will be made to Nuno’s squad either way, though.

A hip injury to Chris Wood, which ruled him out of Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final win over Brighton and Hove Albion, will only have sharpened the Reds’ focus on the need to add more firepower. As the only other forward on the books, Taiwo Awoniyi led the line at the Amex Stadium but the Nigerian has seen little game time this season and he was substituted on the hour mark.

Although Forest are said to be “leading the race” for Nunez, they are also said to have their eye on Udinese striker Lorenzo Lucca. Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Lucca has an “offer” from the Reds, as well as Atletico, although there are no specific details included in the report.

Would Nunez be a good signing for Forest? Click HERE to have your say

Read full news in source page