dailystar.co.uk

Saudi Pro League sides 'confident' Mo Salah will leave Liverpool this summer

Saudi Arabian clubs are said to still be ‘confident’ that Mohamed Salah will leave Liverpool this summer with the Egyptian’s future still not resolved

16:57, 01 Apr 2025

Mohamed Salah

Mohamed Salah's future at Liverpool remains unresolved(Image: PA)

Saudi Pro League clubs are reportedly ‘confident’ that Liverpool star Mohamed Salah still considers joining them this summer.

The Egyptian’s future is yet to be resolved as the 32-year-old moves into the last months of his Anfield contract. Despite his incredible form, Liverpool still haven’t moved to tie down Salah to a new contract and suitors from abroad are said to remain confident he will leave Merseyside.

Article continues below

It’s said that an offer is on the table for Salah to extend his spell at Anfield but lines of communication still remain open with the Saudi Pro League.

According to the Telegraph, one senior source insists that Salah “remains interested” in the Saudi project. While it’s said that Salah is prioritising hearing Liverpool’s offer, the source still believes Salah will be signed up in the summer when his contract expires.

A major factor in any deal is this summer’s Club World Cup, with the report saying there is little chance that Salah will join Al-Hilal, who are the lone Saudi team to qualify, before the tournament.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - MARCH 08: (SUN OUT, SUN ON SUNDAY OUT) Mohamed Salah of Liverpool celebrates scoring his team's third goal during the Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Southampton FC at Anfield on March 08, 2025 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

Salah has been in incredible form for the Reds(Image: Liverpool FC, Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

It’s added that the SPL and Al-Hilal regard the competition as an opportunity to promote their respective projects.

After letting Neymar leave in January to rejoin his boyhood club Santos, Al-Hilal wanted Salah to add more star quality to their squad.

Liverpool previously rejected a £150million bid in 2023 from another Saudi club, Al-Ittihad. And the most high-profile and successful Muslim footballer in the world remains a dream target.

Don't miss a thing with football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news? Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star Football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to breaking stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply click on this link, then provide your email address and that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top football stories.

You can also sign up for our sport email, Off the Ball, for all the latest darts, boxing, snooker, F1 stories and more, right here

Salah will be looking to fire Liverpool over the finishing line to win his second Premier League title in May. The winger has 27 goals and 17 assists in 29 league games so far in another record-breaking campaign.

Article continues below

The Egyptian’s future at Liverpool is also at a crossroads with Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold both out of contract at the end of the season. The latter has reportedly already agreed terms with Real Madrid to join as a free agent in the summer.

Read full news in source page