Manchester City striker Erling Haaland is facing up to seven weeks on the side-lines with his ankle injury.
Comments
Sport
Erling Haaland in action for Man City.
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has posted a fresh injury update.
(Image: Getty)
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has taken to social media to relay the latest news on his ankle injury.
The Norway international is set to miss seven weeks of action - owing to the setback he sustained during Sunday afternoon's FA Cup quarter-final win against Bournemouth.
Article continues below
Haaland, who has 30 goals to his name this season, will therefore play no part in tonight's match against Leicester City and nor will he feature against Manchester United on Sunday afternoon.
The 24-year-old has taken to social media in the last few hours to relay the information that he's now doing all he can to return as quickly as possible.
"I'll be back," posted the City striker on both X (was Twitter) and Instagram, while in a protective boot and holding his crutches aloft.
It's a bitter blow for Pep Guardiola and his star-studded side, especially with their battle to qualify for the top-four still ongoing after a challenging season.
The champions will play Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup semi-finals later this month, as they chase down a third consecutive final beneath the famous arch at Wembley Stadium.
"The doctors told me between five and seven weeks so, hopefully, the end of the season and Club World Cup, he will be ready," said Guardiola when he was asked about Haaland's setback earlier this week.
"Sometimes there are years that these things happen - and it's happened all season. It could have been different if it was the end of the season [before the Club World Cup].
"With all the injuries that we have this season, I'm sorry for them and for Erling as well. Hopefully, his recovery is as speedy as possible and he can come back.
"We don't have another player with his skills or specific qualities, but we have to adapt.
"For many years, we played with different ways up front. It depends on the quality of the players. We are going to try and find a solution."
Content cannot be displayed without consent
Here at The Manchester Evening News, we're dedicated to bringing you the best Manchester City coverage and analysis. Make sure you don’t miss out on the latest City news by joining our free WhatsApp group.
You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.
You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day's biggest stories.
And finally, if you'd rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Talking City podcast.
Article continues below
Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.