tothelaneandback.com

Postecoglou confirms Tottenham triple injury boost; South American star unlikely to face Chelsea

Ange Postecoglou has dropped the latest Tottenham team news ahead of the trip to Chelsea on Thursday

Thursday night sees Tottenham Hotspur back in Premier League action as they face London rivals Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Spurs’ lack of involvement in the FA Cup quarter-final last weekend means they have been afforded some extra time off following the recent international break. While there is no doubt that winning the Europa League is now Ange Postecoglou’s main objective, the North London outfit remain under pressure to achieve a respectable finish in the Premier League.

This makes the game at Chelsea extremely important for the Lilywhites, who are 14th in the table and went into the March international break on the back of a listless defeat to London rivals Fulham at Craven Cottage. It is an opportunity for Tottenham to bounce back and start the final season run-in strongly ahead of facing Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League quarter-finals later this month.

Ange Postecoglou has shared a positive injury update on three Tottenham players ahead of the trip to Chelsea

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Ange Postecoglou dropped the latest team news. He shed light on a few players who have been missing in recent games.

“Nothing in terms of new injuries. Everyone fine in training. Richy training, probably not tomorrow but chance for weekend if keep training as he has been. Deki and Danso progressing well,” Postecoglou told Football London.

Richarlison has not featured for Tottenham since the 4-0 defeat against Liverpool at Anfield in the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final in the first week of February. The forward suffered a calf problem and has missed 10 games since. The good news is that the Brazilian has been training since last week, although he will not feature against the Blues in midweek.

Kevin Danso arrived from RC Lens on loan during the winter transfer window, and with his combative displays in defence has instantly become a fan favourite. The Austrian has been out with a hamstring issue since the 2-2 draw with Bournemouth at home on March 9. Ange has delivered a positive update on the defender’s recovery, starting he is progressing well.

Tottenham star Kevin Danso could be out of action until April end.

Tottenham star Kevin Danso has been recovering well from his hamstring pull suffered in the 2-2 draw with Bournemouth last month

Meanwhile, Dejan Kulusevski has not played for Tottenham since the 1-0 home defeat by Manchester City on February 26, missing the last four matches with a foot problem. Our gaffer said at the start of March that the Sweden star was unlikely to be back before the international break, and so it proved. The latest update delivered by Ange is a positive one, which suggests the fans can see the 24-year-old in action soon.

MORE TOTTENHAM NEWS:

Having the likes of Richarlison, Danso and Kulusevski back later this month would be a massive boost for Ange’s Tottenham as we face crucial fixtures—including the Europa League quarter-finals against Frankfurt. The trio are experienced players, and getting them back in time for the first leg against Frankfurt at home next week would lift the spirits.

Read full news in source page