We have all the latest Arsenal news today (Thursday April 3, 2025) with updates on Nico Williams, Viktor Gyokeres, Joan Garcia and a shock move for an in-form Man Utd star.
Gunners step up Nico Williams pursuit
Arsenal sporting director Andrea Berta is in contact with representatives of Spanish superstar winger Nico Williams, according to a report from Football Transfers.
Earlier on Wednesday, Footmercato journalist Santi Aouna reported that a meeting between the Italian and the agents of the Athletic Bilbao ace had taken place in recent days.
And Steve Kay of Football Transfers now confirms that Berta has a direct line of communication with Williams’ camp, although it is understood that the recent talk that took place was just a phone call rather than a face-to-face meeting.
Most Read on Arsenal Mania
The good news for Gunners fans is that this was not a one-off conversation – the contact between Williams and Arsenal is continuous as he is one of their priority targets for the summer window.
Arsenal get a grim Gyokeres warning
Many people expect exciting Sporting CP striker Viktor Gyokeres to end up at the Emirates this summer, but not everybody thinks it would be a good move.
The Swedish hitman has long been linked with a switch to north London, but one man who believes it would be a mistake is former Premier League star Troy Deeney.
During an interview with talkSPORT" href="https://talksport.com/football/2378039/troy-deeney-viktor-gyokeres-arsenal-manchester-united-transfer/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">talkSPORT, Deeney was asked whether Gyokeres would be a better fit for Arsenal or Manchester United, who have also been linked with a move for the 26-year-old.
“I genuinely think he’s a good footballer, he works really hard, all of that, but I don’t think he’s a natural finisher,” he admitted.
“And again, everyone is going to pull up his goal record, I get that. But I don’t think he takes either of those two to winning the Premier League. That’s just my opinion, and if he did, they’d have already bought him.”
Gunners linked with move for £86m Man Utd flop
The Gunners have been tipped to launch a surprising transfer bid for Manchester United flop Antony.
Arsenal were linked with the Brazilian winger back in 2022, before he left Dutch giants Ajax in that massive move to Old Trafford. Massively overpriced as it turned out at around £86million.
Now of course the 25-year-old has left Manchester on loan, and is in the process of resurrecting his flagging career in Spain’s La Liga with Real Betis.
So far it is going well for Antony in Seville, with four goals and four assists after being cast aside by Ruben Amorim.
In fact it’s going so well that Arsenal are said to be “closely monitoring” his progress according to TodoFichajes. The report says Mikel Arteta “believes he could add depth and creativity to their attacking line”.
Antony currently has two years left on his Old Trafford deal, and any transfer fee would obviously be nowhere near the ludicrous sum United shelled out to prise him away from Amsterdam.
Arteta and Arsenal expected to land Spanish star
One transfer which is fully expected this summer (at least in the Spanish media) is Arsenal swooping for Espanyol goalkeeper Joan Garcia.
Sky Sports’ Spanish journalist David Garrido says the consensus among insiders in Spain is that Garcia will move to the Gunners once the window opens this summer.
The 23-year-old is one of the top shot stoppers in La Liga and is admired by a host of European clubs, including Bayer Leverkusen, Man Utd, Real Madrid and PSG. But Garrido says that it is very likely he will end up moving to the Emirates instead.
Fabrizio Romano gives Xavi Simons to Arsenal update
Liverpool have joined the race to sign Xavi Simons from Paris Saint-Germain.
The Dutch midfielder is currently on loan at RB Leipzig from PSG, and could be moved on permanently this summer if a suitor comes in with a big offer.
Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea are all looking at Simons, but according to Fabrizio Romano, Liverpool are now contemplating a €71 million bid.