nottinghampost.com

Nottingham Forest told price tag as transfer tussle for Brazilian ace 'only just beginning'

Nottingham Forest are expected to battle for the signature of versatile Marseille attacker Luis Henrique in the coming months, it has been claimed.

Plans for the upcoming transfer window are beginning to take shape at the City Ground. Head coach Nuno Espirito Santo’s focus is very much on matters on the pitch but plenty of work is being done in the background as the Reds look ahead to a big summer.

Forest were first linked with Henrique in January and were said to have revived their interest last month. The fight to snap up the Brazilian is now said to be ramping up as the end of the season nears.

The Reds are expected to “clash” with a number of rivals also eyeing up the 23-year-old, according to Foot Mercato. Forest are said to “appreciate” what Henrique has to offer but are yet to approach his representatives about a potential transfer.

It is said the scrap to sign the former Botafogo man is “only just beginning”. Newcastle United have already been identified as potential suitors, and Inter Milan, Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich are said to have now joined the race.

Italian giants Inter are said to be particularly keen to land the player and have instigated talks. They are being tipped to make an offer in the next few weeks.

Marseille value Henrique, who is under contract until 2028, in the region of €30 million (£25m) thanks to his fine form in Ligue 1. The French outfit signed him from Botafogo in 2020 for a reported €8m (£6m).

Get your special Nottingham Forest in Europe souvenir edition

We have produced a special 48-page edition of the Nottingham Post celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

Nottingham Forest are flying high in the Premier League and Reds fans are dreaming of a return to European competition. It has been an outstanding campaign for Nuno Espirito Santo’s men, who are on course for a place in the Champions League next season. And Forest supporters can whet their appetite for a possible return to football’s top tier on the continent with our 48-page special edition celebrating the club’s two European Cup wins.

undefined

Buy now and have it delivered directly to your door. Alternatively you can purchase in most supermarkets, high street retailers and independent newsagents in Nottinghamshire from April, 2 2025.

For online order postage and packaging applies, orders will be posted from April 2, 2025.

Capable of playing as a winger on either flank, as a wing-back or as a No.10, Henrique has notched nine goals and chipped in with seven assists from 29 appearances so far this season. Earlier this year he said he viewed testing himself in the Champions League as an “important” step for his career.

Should the Reds sign Henrique, he would join a strong Brazilian contingent already in place on the banks of the Trent. Goalkeeper Carlos Miguel, defenders Murillo and Morato and midfielder Danilo are all on the club’s books and playing their part as Nuno’s side push to qualify for Europe.

Would Henrique be a good signing for Forest? Click HERE to have your say

Read full news in source page