**ISTANBUL**
Russia on Thursday accused Ukraine of a new violation of a US-brokered moratorium on strikes against each other’s energy infrastructure following talks in Saudi Arabia.
Last month, the US brokered two agreements between Russia and Ukraine – one to “ensure safe navigation” in the Black Sea and another for a 30-day halt on attacks targeting energy infrastructure – following talks in Saudi Arabia.
Despite the agreements, both sides have frequently accused each other of violating the pause on energy-related strikes.
A statement by the Russian Defense Ministry claimed that, over the past day, Kyiv struck two of its energy infrastructure in the border regions of Belgorod and Kursk, as well as two oil facilities in Russia-controlled parts of the Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia regions.
“Daily unilateral strikes by the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Russian energy infrastructure facilities confirm the complete incapacity of the current Kyiv regime to comply with any possible agreements on the settlement of the conflict in Ukraine,” it said.
The Ukrainian General Staff in a later statement on Telegram denied Russia’s claims, saying that the country’s military is strictly adhering to the terms of the moratorium on strikes against energy facilities both in Russia and within Moscow-controlled parts of Ukraine.
Indicating that strikes are carried out “exclusively against military targets,” the statement went on to accuse Moscow of “producing fakes” about Ukrainian attacks on Russian energy facilities.
“In particular, the Russian Foreign Ministry has prepared another pseudo-report about fabricated attacks on a number of Russian oil, gas and electricity companies,” it further said.
It also claimed “numerous” violations of the deal by the Russian side, accusing Moscow of attacking Ukrainian energy facilities in the Kharkiv, Poltava, Dnipropetrovsk, and Kherson regions.
Russia’s diplomatic service “traditionally spreads false and baseless accusations in order to shift the blame for the disruption of the peaceful settlement onto Ukraine and continue the war of aggression against our state,” it added.
[Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. **Please contact us for subscription options.**](https://www.aa.com.tr/en/p/subscription/1001)