iranwire.com

Israel Open to Diplomatic Path on Iran Nuclear Programme, Says Foreign Minister

Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar said on Thursday that Israel remains open to diplomatic solutions regarding Iran’s nuclear program.

He said, “We don’t hold discussions with the Iranians, as you know, but they made it clear they are ready for indirect negotiations with the US, and I will not be surprised if such negotiations start.”

Trump reissued his threat on Sunday against Iran, reinforcing demands outlined in a letter sent to Iranian leadership in early March that gives Tehran a two-month deadline to agree to talks.

In response, Iran summoned Switzerland’s ambassador, who represents U.S. interests in the country, with the Iranian Foreign Ministry expressing determination to respond “decisively and immediately” to any threat.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian clarified last week that while Tehran would not engage in direct negotiations with Washington, it remained open to indirect talks under Khamenei’s directives.

“An open threat of ‘bombing’ by a head of state against Iran is a shocking affront to the very essence of international peace and security,” Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei tweeted on Monday.

Meanwhile, the United States is increasing the number of aircraft carriers deployed in the Middle East to two, keeping one that is already there and sending another from the Indo-Pacific, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

Read full news in source page