hulldailymail.co.uk

Louie Barry fitness update emerges as Hull City welcome back key figure for Sheffield Wednesday

Hull City will welcome back leading scorer Joao Pedro for Saturday’s big Yorkshire derby at Sheffield Wednesday in what will be a welcome boost for the Tigers. Pedro has been sidelined for the last three games after being sent off 15 minutes into the 1-1 draw at Bristol City early last month, just 90 seconds after scoring the opening goal.

Given the international break, it’s meant Pedro has missed almost a full month of City action and turned 33 in that time. His return will be a big boost to Ruben Selles as he looks to inspire a first win in four against a Wednesday side without a home win since New Year’s Day.

There’s also positive news on Louie Barry's potential return as he continues his recovery from a knee ligament injury he picked up in the win at Sunderland in late February. Barry remains at Bodymoor Heath as he continues to work with parent club Aston Villa on his rehabilitation, but Selles believes the youngster could return to the fold before the end of the month, though it won't be in the next two, possibly three games.

First up, speaking about Pedro, Selles said; "He has been training regularly during this time. He's back from his suspension, and we still have one training session, but he should be ready to go, and then it's no changes really from the players that were available in the last game.

"The latest on Louie Barry is that he potentially will be ready at the end of the season, but there's no guarantee on that. For the last games of the season, but that will be no more than two or three in the best-case scenario."

Barry will continue to stay in the Second City, but Selles says conversations are ongoing with Villa over when the youngster will return to the Tigers' training ground.

He added: "As soon as we get the thumbs up from Aston Villa, but again it's a process that is delegated, so we almost need to monitor daily."

Having Joao Pedro back hands Selles a decision to make up front where Kyle Joseph has been operating in the past three games, but it's likely the experienced forward will be thrust straight back into the starting XI, though the Spaniard was typically coy over his plans.

"Joao, he played the last two or three games before he got the red card. He was in a good dynamic. Now we are in a different place as a team. It's always like that when the team is going forward, and yes, both of the scenarios can happen.

"Kyle has done his job. I know that there is a narrative about him not scoring the goal, but it's also the team not scoring that goal against Luton, so let's see what I decide."

You can listen to the latest 1904 Club podcast looking ahead to Hillsborough right here

Read full news in source page