footballfancast.com

"I'm told..." - Leeds eyeing £50,000-a-week international striker alongside Muniz - journalist

Leeds United have their eyes on a £50,000-a-week striker as an alternative to Fulham’s Rodrigo Muniz, according to journalist Graham Bailey.

Leeds keen on new striker with Muniz a top target

The Whites have been relatively busy so far during the summer transfer window, with seven new senior faces arriving at Elland Road.

Incomings From Fee

Lukas Nmecha Wolfsburg Free

Jaka Bijol Udinese £15m

Gabriel Gudmundsson Lille £10m

Sebastiaan Bornauw Wolfsburg £5m

Sean Longstaff Newcastle £12m

Anton Stach Hoffenheim £17.4m

Lucas Perri Lyon £13.9m

Daniel Farke and the 49ers Enterprises are still hoping to add more, with a new winger and forward now seemingly at the top of the to-do list for sporting director Adam Underwood.

Leeds recently missed out on an ambitious move for Igor Paixao, who chose Marseille over a move to Yorkshire. In regards to a new striker, Fulham’s Muniz has been a firm target in recent weeks, however, there is yet to be progress on any potential transfer.

Talking to Leeds United News, Bailey said that those at Craven Cottage are in talks over a new deal for the Brazilian.

“It’s not news that intermediaries are doing the work. Fulham remain in talks over a new deal, however.

“They still want to keep him, but until they get the new deal signed, it’s not going to stop other people offering him elsewhere. He’s a good Premier League striker with a high ceiling. He’s still quite young, so he’s going to get linked around.”

Leeds may soon have to move on from Muniz, and the journalist answered a question on the Whites’ alternative centre-forward targets.

Leeds still eyeing move for Everton’s Beto

Bailey added that Everton striker Beto, who was linked with Leeds at the beginning of the window, is still on the Elland Road radar as Farke and Underwood search for a new striker.

“From what I’m told, I still don’t think Beto’s completely off Leeds’ list and off the table.

“I still think Everton are looking at other strikers as well, so if they brought another one in, Beto might still be an option. I wouldn’t rule him out at all. He’s still on the radar and a work in progress still, even if he’s not Leeds’ first-choice.”

Beto, a Guinea international, is on £50,000-a-week with the Toffees and is into the final two years of his Everton contract.

However, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin leaving Merseyside this summer, Everton currently have a shortage of senior strikers, despite signing Thierno Barry, so any Leeds move for Beto could be tricky, as they have found in their attempts to sign Muniz.

Beto over the last 12 months Percentile (FBref)

Non-penalty goals 72nd percentile

Aerials won 97th percentile

Shots on target 87th percentile

Successful take-ons 90th percentile

Time is ticking, though, with Beto and Everton due to travel to Leeds on August 18 for a Premier League opener.

Read full news in source page