daveockop.com

RB Leipzig makes Benjamin Sesko decision ahead of imminent transfer

Newcastle United appear to be winning the race for Benjamin Sesko.

David Ornstein reported earlier today that the Tyneside club had submitted an offer to RB Leipzig in the 80m euros range.

Manchester United are also in hot pursuit of the 22-year-old striker’s signature, and the Slovenian is yet to make a decision so far but all signs point towards the fact that he is leaning towards Newcastle.

Benjamin Sesko’s potential arrival on Tyneside could prove to be the final domino that paves the way for Alexander Isak’s transfer to Liverpool.

Newcastle rejected Liverpool’s opening offer for the Swedish striker that was reportedly in excess of £120m but this was due to the fact that a suitable replacement had not yet been lined up.

In short, if Sesko becomes a Newcastle player, it is surely only a matter of time before Alexander Isak becomes a Liverpool player.

Florian Plettenberg for Sky Germany has now delivered an update that shows that Benjamin Sesko is on the verge of making his next club decision and moving away from the Bundesliga.

His post on X reads: “Benjamin Sesko is not in the squad for RB Leipzig’s friendly against Atalanta Bergamo today.”

“Reason: His imminent departure from Leipzig. He has reportedly already told teammates that he is leaving.”

“Newcastle United and Manchester United are pushing to sign him, with an official offer worth 80 million euros having been submitted by NUFC.”

A player’s exclusion from a matchday squad, especially a player who would otherwise be nailed on to play in it, is always a big indication that a transfer is imminent.

Benjamin Sesko will make his decision soon and Liverpool will be waiting to pounce if an opportunity to go back in for Alexander Isak emerges.

🚨🚨 Excl | Benjamin #Sesko is not in the squad for RB Leipzig’s friendly against Atalanta Bergamo today.

Reason: His imminent departure from Leipzig. He has reportedly already told teammates that he will be leaving.

Newcastle United and Manchester United are pushing to sign… pic.twitter.com/zVNOX4L8mt

— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) August 2, 2025

Want to get the latest Liverpool news direct to your phone? Join our WhatsApp community by clicking here.

Read full news in source page