placeholder image
Getty Images
Newcastle United have been linked with a move for the France international.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward spent the second half of last season on loan at the Serie A club after falling out of favour under manager Luis Enrique.
Upon returning to Paris this summer, Kolo Muani has been told he can leave permanently, with the French giants setting a reported asking price of £43million.
Alnwick Castle & Bailiffgate Hotel sponsors of National World NUFC pre-season tour coverage.placeholder image
Alnwick Castle & Bailiffgate Hotel sponsors of National World NUFC pre-season tour coverage. | Alnwick Castle
Randal Kolo Muani wants Juventus
Little has happened since then to suggest Newcastle’s interest in Kolo Muani is advanced though. Not only from the club’s side but from the player’s side too, with Juventus general manager Damien Comolli stating that the player wants to return to Italy.
“Yes, Kolo Muani wants to return to Juventus,” Comolli said, as quoted by Fabrizio Romano. “We are talking with Paris Saint-Germain about that, he wants to re-join us… so, there’s no rush”.
There have also been reports that Tottenham Hotspur could look to hijack Juventus’ move. Again, with Newcastle not mentioned, it’s difficult to believe they are truly interested in Kolo Muani.
Newcastle United pushing to sign a striker
Newcastle want to sign a striker before the window shuts on September 1, while signing another is subject to what happens with Alexander Isak.
Isak has told Newcastle he wants to leave and join Premier League champions Liverpool but a transfer will only be sanctioned if the Magpies find a replacement and the Reds meet their British record valuation.
Newcastle are awaiting a decision from RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko but there is a feeling that he prefers a move to Manchester United. Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkins and Chelsea’s Nicolas Jackson have also been shortlisted.
Read More
The Magpies have had two bids rejected by Brentford for Yoane Wissa, though he viewed as a replacement for Callum Wilson as opposed to Isak. The 28-year-old is refusing to train in the hope of forcing a move but the Bees are reluctantly sellers, meaning there is a gap in both clubs’ valuation.
Brentford want in excess of £40m for Wissa after rejected United’s latest offer of £35m. It has been an extremely challenging summer for the Bees, who have already lost Thomas Frank to Tottenham Hotspur, Christian Norgaard to Arsenal and Bryan Mbeumo to Manchester United.
Plan your visit to Alnwick Castle and Bailiffgate Hotel
Alnwick Castle & Bailiffgate Hotel sponsors of National World NUFC pre-season tour coverage.
Whether you’re drawn by the allure of medieval history, the charm of family-friendly events, or the promise of luxury accommodation, Alnwick this summer offers an experience like no other.
Immerse yourself in the magic of Alnwick Castle’s events and indulge in the comfort of the Bailiffgate Hotel. Your unforgettable summer adventure awaits.
Scan the QR code for discount.placeholder image
Scan the QR code for discount. | Alnwick Castle
Book your special package deal for both Bailiffgate Hotel and Alnwick Castle (see the QR code above)
Special offer: Enjoy a two-night bed and breakfast stay at Bailiffgate Hotel with free access to Alnwick Castle on one day during your visit - available to NationalWorld readers only.
Continue Reading