sportsmole.co.uk

New Isak transfer twist as Liverpool's 'next move' revealed

Liverpool will reportedly return with a second offer for Alexander Isak once Newcastle United have signed a replacement for the Sweden international.

The Premier League champions submitted a first official bid for the 25-year-old on Friday, with the offer said to be worth £120m, but it was quickly turned down by Newcastle.

Isak has also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United this summer, while there is also believed to be significant interest from Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Hilal.

However, the forward has allegedly made it clear that he only wants to join Liverpool.

It had been claimed shortly after the opening bid for Isak that Liverpool would not be returning with a second bid, but according to the Daily Mail, the Merseyside outfit will return with a fresh offer.

Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak on April 2, 2025

Liverpool 'to make second bid' for Newcastle striker Isak

The report claims that Liverpool are currently waiting for Newcastle to bring in a striker, as the Magpies will not allow Isak to leave unless they have signed a replacement.

Eddie Howe's side have allegedly made a club-record offer worth €75m (£65.5m) plus €5m (£4.4m) in add-ons for RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko, with the Magpies looking to beat Manchester United to his signature.

Newcastle are also being linked with Brentford's Yoane Wissa, and the club are believed to be confident of securing his signature despite the fact that the Bees are battling to keep him.

Liverpool have allegedly been told that they would need to move their bid closer to £150m in order to stand a chance of signing Isak, but Newcastle's move for Sesko suggests that the Magpies are preparing for his departure.

Isak has allegedly told Newcastle that he wants to leave this summer, and it is understood that he has been training alone at former club Real Sociedad amid the speculation surrounding his future.

Alexander Isak in action for Newcastle United on May 25, 2025

Howe admits Isak situation is "far from ideal"

Newcastle head coach Howe told reporters on Saturday: "I know where he is, really, through the media. From that perspective, it's difficult for me to go into any kind of detail. The situation is far from ideal and is quite complex.

"I was made aware of a bid yesterday (Friday) and that bid was turned down, all before I'd even heard about it.

"People back in England are dealing with the situation. I don't know what happens next. From our perceptive, we still support Alex in every way and my wish is that we see him in a Newcastle shirt again.

"It's difficult, because you don't know what is going to happen from this point. We can only deal with the reality. The reality is we had a first bid from Liverpool and I believe that was turned down. From this point onwards, let's see what happens.

"In terms of trying to upset players and all that kind of stuff, from my perspective, we can only talk about our conduct. We try to do things in the right way. Signing players is always complex. We just try to do what we think is right. I can't talk about other clubs, that's not for me to say."

Personal terms on a contract until June 2031 are said to have already been put in place with Liverpool, with the Reds confident that a deal will be completed this summer.

Isak has scored 62 goals and registered 11 assists in 109 appearances for the Magpies in all competitions, including 27 goals and six assists in 42 appearances during the 2024-25 campaign.

ID:578519:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect5952:

Read full news in source page