Targets: Benjamin Sesko, Eberechi Eze and Alexander Isak
Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United are among the clubs making big moves in the transfer market ahead of the new Premier League season. After finally wrapping up the signing of Viktor Gyokeres, Arsenal are stepping up their interest in Eberechi Eze and are expected to make an opening bid for the Crystal Palace star.
Liverpool are weighing up a second offer for Alexander Isak after their opening bid worth £110million was rejected by Newcastle. In a fresh twist, the Reds could end their interest in Isak and instead move to sign Rodrygo in a blockbuster deal from Real Madrid. Newcastle and Manchester United could go head-to-head to sign Benjamin Sesko, with Ruben Amorim seeking a top-level striker.
Chelsea are in talks to sign Xavi Simons having agreed a £38m fee for Jorrel Hato. Tottenham are set to sign Joao Palhinha on loan from Bayern Munich and will then look to sign another attacking player. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
The Gunners are said to have “made initial contact” over a move for the French centre-back.
Jacquet is reported to be being lined up by Arsenal in case defenders leave Emirates Stadium this summer, or with a view to a deal next summer.
United are in a transfer battle with Newcastle to sign Sesko, who is entering “decision time” as talks over his future reach a key stage.
Fabrizio Romano has issued a fresh update on Sesko, saying on his YouTube channel: “We are entering into really important stages. The agent of Sesko is in Leipzig to speak with the player and help with negotiations. It’s decision time.
“Manchester United made clear to RB Leipzig on Saturday night that they will send a bid for Sesko if the player opens the door. They feel he is still deciding; he hasn’t decided to go to Newcastle. Manchester United made new contact with Leipzig.”
Getty Images
Fresh reports claim the Gunners are expected to submit a formal proposal to Crystal Palace next week as they step up efforts to sign their next big transfer target.
That is according to Football Transfers, who say Arsenal will offer an initial £30million plus another £22m in add-ons.
The report says Palace are considering potential replacements for Eze, with West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta their top target. They are also said to be interested in Arsenal’s Leandro Trossard.
Fabrizio Romano has said that, while talks club-to-club talks between Arsenal and Palace have not started, the Eagles “expect Arsenal to arrive for Eze”.
The Serbian is surplus to requirements at Juventus, and could move to their Serie A rivals, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Nick Woltemade is on both Manchester United and Newcastle’s shortlists, but the striker still wants to join Bayern Munich.
Christian Falk reports that the Stuttgart striker has an agreement on personal terms with Bayern, who saw a €50m plus €5m bid for the 23-year-old turned down by their Bundesliga rivals.
The Eagles reportedly bid £27million for the defender from Inter Milan, but they won’t be landing him this summer.
Ben Jacobs reports that despite an informal approach from Al-Nassr earlier this summer after Al-Hilal’s attempt to sign the United captain, Fernandes wants to remain at Old Trafford.
Sky Sports claim that Newcastle’s offer of €75m (£65.5m) plus €5m (£4.3m) in add-ons for Benjamin Sesko has not been turned down or accepted.
The Magpies are still in negotiations with RB Leipzig over structure of payments for the striker, who the Toon want to sign as a replacement for wantaway forward Alexander Isak.
Besiktas have identified Nuri Sahin, the former Liverpool midfielder, as their primary target for their managerial position.
The Turkish international, who previously managed Borussia Dortmund, is in the frame to potentially replace former Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who currently occupies the hotseat at the Super Lig club.
However, Fabrizio Romano reports that Sahin is now a target for the Turkish side should they look to get rid of Solskjaer.