Everton have just a couple of weeks now until the new Premier League season starts, and David Moyes has admitted one thing is concerning him.
It has been a bit of a slog for Everton this summer, which many fans didn’t really anticipate.
Most predicted a plethora of new faces would have arrived by now, but Moyes recently admitted Everton have had difficulty signing new players.
So far, only Thierno Barry, Mark Travers and Adam Aznou have arrived, with Carlos Alcaraz signing permanently after his loan.
The Toffees remain linked with many players, with Tyler Dibling reportedly the subject of an Everton bid.
Jack Grealish is also someone Everton are working to try and sign on loan, with there being ‘genuine hope’ of a deal.
But there is one aspect of Everton’s current situation that David Moyes is slightly concerned by.
David Moyes confident of new signings, but concerned over lack of a bedding in period at Everton
David Moyes managing Everton.
Photo by Daniel Bartel – Premier League/Getty Images
Everton’s first Premier League game of the season is not far away now.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
The Toffees kick off their season against Leeds United on August 18, so time is of the essence for Moyes and The Friedkin Group to get the squad appropriately prepared.
Arguably, there is a need for at least three new players before then.
But even if new signings arrive before that opener, Moyes is acutely aware that there won’t be much of a bedding in period.
He said at his press conference last night ahead of Everton’s next Summer Series game against Manchester United: “Look, we will need to get a stronger squad, I’ve said it, there’s no doubt about it.
“But I’m confident we will do, I really am. I’m confident we’ll have quite a few new players in. The bedding in period, which we alluded to last week, is now beginning to worry me because time is shortening down.
“But I’m really positive that we’ll have quite a few new players for the time before the window shuts.”
Everton may have slow start to 2025/26 after challenging summer
It may well be that Everton are a little sluggish out of the blocks this season, after a challenging first summer for the new owners.
Everton have clearly had a tricky time in the transfer window so far, as have several other Premier League clubs.
Everton incoming signings so far 2025/26
Carlos Alcaraz – Flamengo (loan move turned permanent, £12.6m)
Thierno Barry – Villarreal (£27m)
Mark Travers – Bournemouth (£4m)
Adam Aznou – Bayern Munich (£8m)
Moyes clearly feels that he would have had more players in by now. That said, he accepts how difficult it is to operate and remains confident that more new faces will arrive, which is the biggest thing.
It’s now a huge few weeks for TFG and the recruitment officials.
Obviously the window remains open past that first game with Leeds. But ideally, Everton will get most of the business they intend to do done before that first game.
The later these deals are left, the trickier the 2025/26 campaign could be.