sportsmole.co.uk

"It's a simple situation" - Amorim issues update on Man United's 'bomb squad'

Manchester United head coach Ruben Amorim has reiterated that the 'bomb squad' at Old Trafford are all still looking to leave the club before the end of the transfer window.

Marcus Rashford's exit has already been confirmed, with the England international making a loan switch to Barcelona, while the Catalan outfit have the option to sign him on a permanent basis next summer.

Alejandro Garnacho, Jadon Sancho, Antony and Tyrell Malacia are also members of the 'bomb squad' at Man United, with all four looking to leave before the end of the transfer market.

Amorim has said that all four have 'clearly shown' that they 'do not want to be here', so their departures are being worked on.

"I think it's like we just need to follow the markets. So the market is open. There are players that clearly show they don't want to be here and that is normal. They are not bad and I'm good. I'm not bad and they are good," Amorim told reporters in the United States.

Manchester United attacker Alejandro Garnacho on May 25, 2025

Garnacho, Sancho, Antony, Malacia are expected to follow Rashford out of the door at Man United

"It's a simple situation that they want new challenges. So we will try to use this space to prepare the team that I think is going to be here.

"If the market closes and then they are Manchester United players, we as a club have to treat them in the same conditions. But in this moment I'm just working with the players that I think are going to stay and the other guys are trying to find a solution for their careers."

Sancho spent the 2024-25 campaign on loan at Chelsea, while Antony spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Betis, with the Brazilian impressing for the La Liga club.

Malacia was also out on loan in the second half of 2024-25, representing PSV Eindhoven, but the Dutch outfit turned down the chance to sign him on a permanent basis.

Jadon Sancho on May 25, 2025

Are departures imminent for any members of the 'bomb squad'?

Amorim has explained the reasons for Garnacho's expected exit, and Chelsea are regarded as the clear favourites for the 21-year-old, although a departure is not imminent.

Sancho, meanwhile, had been heavily linked with Juventus, but now it appears that Borussia Dortmund are the favourites to re-sign the Englishman.

Real Betis are desperate to bring Antony back to the club on a permanent basis, but the La Liga outfit are currently struggling to afford a deal, and he has interest from Saudi Arabia.

ID:578553:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect4624:

Read full news in source page