manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Fermin Lopez to Man United transfer truth as 'bid prepared' in new update

Fermin Lopez

Fermin Lopez of Barcelona FC (Image: Getty Images)

Manchester United have reportedly identified Barcelona midfielder Fermin Lopez as a potential target this summer.

On Saturday, Spanish outlet Sport reported that United are prepared to offer Lopez a significantly improved contract in a bid to persuade the 22-year-old to leave Camp Nou for Old Trafford. United are reportedly ready to submit a €70 million (£61 million) bid in an effort to sign the midfielder.

So far, United have strengthened their squad with the signings of Matheus Cunha from Wolves and Bryan Mbeumo from Brentford. Their next priority is to sign a striker, with Benjamin Sesko identified as a target by Ruben Amorim, but bringing in a new midfielder could also be on the agenda.

Transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano has also shared information about United’s reported interest in Lopez.

"At the moment I am told that there is nothing concrete in it," Romano said on his YouTube channel. "Also because, the first point is Barca don't want to sell Fermin Lopez. Second point: any chance for Fermin Lopez to go this month is only in case the player goes to Barca, goes to sporting director Deco and coach Hansi Flick and says 'I want to go, I want to leave'.

"In that case Barca can say 'OK, let's find a solution'. But Barcelona want to keep the player, Barcelona trusts the player and Barcelona believe their squad is perfect like this and don't want to do any changes. And at the moment I am not aware of Fermin Lopez telling Barcelona that he wants to go.

"Fermin didn't do that, Fermin is fully focused on Barca so it's important to clarify that situation. Also financially, even if all of this happens the financial package has to be a really special package. So at the moment, nothing into it and nothing really concrete into the Fermin story."

Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo has gone a step further, outlining Hansi Flick’s stance on the player.

Despite not being a first-team regular, currently behind Dani Olmo, Lamine Yamal, and Raphinha in the pecking order - Flick reportedly does not want Barcelona to consider selling Fermin.

That’s because he believes the midfielder could become vital to the club's future, especially when squad rotation is needed.

Speaking about his future in June, Lopez told RAC1 that he remains committed to Barcelona, dismissing all transfer rumours and making it clear he has no interest in leaving the club.

He said: "I don't plan on leaving. I'm very happy at Barca. It was my dream and I want to stay there."

Here at The Manchester Evening News, we are dedicated to bringing you the best Manchester United coverage and analysis.

Make sure you don't miss out on the latest United news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.

You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day's biggest stories.

And, finally, if you would rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Manchester is Red podcast, featuring The Samuel Luckhurst Show and The Midweek Debate. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.

Get United transfer news and updates on WhatsApp!

Our team of Manchester United experts are on top of all the goings-on at Old Trafford for this week and beyond, and you can get the latest team news, injury updates, reaction and analysis along with inside information to your phone by joining our new free WhatsApp community. You can also join the 50,000 (and growing!) band of United fans who are following our WhatsApp Channel.

We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Read full news in source page