geordiebootboys.com

What Newcastle are hoping RB Leipzig tell Benjamin Sesko about his next move - journalist

Newcastle United are pressing ahead in their attempts to sign Benjamin Sesko, but Manchester United remain in the running.

Indeed, Newcastle made a club-record offer for Sesko, who is viewed as a potential alternative for Alexander Isak as he pushes for a move to Liverpool.

RB Leipzig haven’t accepted Newcastle’s offer, but they may not have rejected it completely. Reports suggest that their issue with the bid is likely down to the structure of the payments.

Still, Manchester United also want to sign Sesko. While the Red Devils are coming off their worst season in 30 years, they have already beaten Newcastle to the signings of Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha amid heavy links with a move to St James’ Park.

Though Newcastle are hopeful about signing Sesko, the saga continues.

Benjamin Sesko looks on during RB Leipzig vs Wolfsburg.

Photo by Ulrik Pedersen/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Manchester United’s risky Benjamin Sesko plan

According to Norwegian journalist Jan Aage Fjortoft, Manchester United still haven’t made an offer for the 22-year-old.

They are reportedly waiting for Sesko’s approval before they make a move. Leipzig, meanwhile, want to avoid that and would like multiple teams involved in a bidding war to further drive up the price. Fjortoft suggests that the plan from Old Trafford carries a “degree of risk”.

1/2

Re: Šeško

Manchester United’s approach carries a degree of risk, they’re waiting for the player’s approval before making a decisive move.

RB Leipzig, however, are keen to avoid that scenario. They want multiple clubs in the race to drive up the fee as much as possible.…

— Jan Aage Fjørtoft (@JanAageFjortoft) August 3, 2025

View Tweet

MORE NEWCASTLE STORIES

He then adds that Newcastle are hoping to agree a deal with the German club, who may then tell Sesko to join them as they are offering the highest fee.

If Leipzig sell Xavi Simons and Lois Openda, they do not need to sell Sesko. That, it is said, is not an empty threat.

2/2 Šeško

Newcastle’s strategy is to agree with RB Leipzig and hope that Šeško will be told: – We get the highest fee from

Newcastle’s strategy is to reach an agreement with RB Leipzig and hope Šeško is told: “Newcastle are offering the highest fee, either you join them or…

— Jan Aage Fjørtoft 🇳🇴 (@JanAageFjortoft) August 3, 2025

View Tweet

Newcastle United haven’t agreed terms with Benjamin Sesko

Earlier this weekend, there were claims that Sesko had decided to join Newcastle.

That all sounded very promising and no doubt came as welcome relief to the Toon fans who have watched a dreadful summer in the transfer market unfold.

Still, Newcastle are not thought to be aware of claims Sesko wants to join them, so perhaps it would be wise not to jump the gun just yet.

The Sesko saga needs to come to a close soon. Newcastle cannot wait forever.

Newcastle are confident about signing Yoane Wissa soon but he alone will not be enough if Isak is to leave too.

Read full news in source page