londonworld.com

Chelsea decide on two transfer targets as 'here we go' given on exit

Maresca wants more signingsplaceholder image

Maresca wants more signings | Getty Images

All the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Chelsea as they return for pre-season.

Chelsea are now back in pre-season training, with the players reporting back to Cobham on Monday after a couple of weeks off after their FIFA Club World Cup victory earlier in the summer. The Blues have just a couple of friendlies on their docket ahead of the season, with much of their preparation work done in the States.

In the meantime, Chelsea will want to continue adding to their squad ahead of the big kick-off. Here we round up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea’s two main targets

Chelsea are said to be concentrating on two new signings between now and the end of the summer transfer window. According to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol, RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons and Manchester United forward Alejandro Garnacho are the chosen players.

The report claims Chelsea are already in talks over both deals, though it’s no secret that they need to offload some of their existing players to free up spending space. Although, with the likes of Christopher Nkunku and others still at the club, they should have a clear path to raising that money.

Dewsbury-Hall on his way out

Chelsea are set to sell Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Everton with the midfielder having played a solid role last season but ultimately struggling to make the step up from Leicester City.

Fabrizio Romano posted on X: “EXCLUSIVE: Everton submit official bid for Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to join on permanent deal from Chelsea. Club to club talks underway, Chelsea open to this option with discussions ongoing on terms with #EFC.”

He then added: “EXCL: Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Everton, here we go! Permanent deal agreed with Chelsea and player side. Understand fee is worth £25m fixed plus add-ons up to £28/29m total package. KDH, Ugochukwu and Chukwuemeka are all leaving Chelsea on permanent deal.”

Hato on Chelsea move

New Chelsea star Jorrel Hato has been speaking after his arrival from Ajax. The defender told club media: “It feels strange to leave everybody in Holland, of course, but for me it’s a new journey with new people in a new culture, a new team, new competitions,’ smiles Hato, with an occasional glance down at the Chelsea shirt he is wearing, complete with the golden world champions’ crest on the chest.

“I was really thinking about my future and this is what I wanted. I think I will be a good fit for the way Chelsea are playing, so I was sure about taking my step to Chelsea.

“For sure it was a big decision. I played seven years at Ajax and for me it was home – the people, the players, the coaches, the culture. So it was not easy to leave, but my feeling was that at this moment I needed to make a step to the biggest club in the biggest competitions, and for me this was the right decision at the right time.” He added: “This was for me the right time to make a big step, to come to the Premier League, to come to Chelsea. And now I’m here!”

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page