Eberechi Eze, Alexander Isak and Benjamin Sesko could all be on the move this summer
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United remain active in the summer transfer window with the start of the new Premier League season just days away. The Gunners are said to be plotting an opening bid worth around £52m for Eberechi Eze and could partially fund a move by cashing in on Fabio Vieira amid reports that Stuttgart are in talks for a permanent deal.
Liverpool saw a bid for Alexander Isak rejected by Newcastle last week but there have been whispers that a second offer is imminent following the striker's return to training. Rodrygo has been linked with a move to Anfield as an alternative with the Brazilian likely to leave Real Madrid.
There has been a major development regarding the future of Benjamin Sesko as both Man Utd and Newcastle are chasing the RB Leipzig striker. Chelsea are set to confirm a triple exit thus paving the way for further arrivals amid links to Xavi Simons and Alejandro Garnacho. Elsewhere, Heung-min Son's time at Tottenham is poised to come to an end as an official announcement over a switch to LAFC could come today. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
The Athletic report that the Bundesliga outfit are looking to land the attacking midfielder permanently, rather than on loan.
Vieira returned to former club Porto on loan last season, but did not do enough to earn a permanent deal and does not appear to fit into Mikel Arteta's plans ahead of the new season.
Getty Images
According to the Athletic, the new offer worth at least £69million (€80million) after positive talks between clubs and with the striker.
Nothing has been agreed but Leipzig are said to currently favour Newcastle as Manchester United ae yet to submit a proposal.
Getty Images
The former Arsenal striker was set for a medical at Birmingham before Ipswich hijacked the move. That was after Middlesbrough, who sold Akpom to Ajax, had tried a last-minute attempt to lure him back to Teeside.
Akpom was supposed to complete a medical at Ipswich on Monday, but that, according to Sky, is in the balance, with Birmingham not giving up on signing the Englishman.
The Championship side, according to the Daily Telegraph, will land the striker on loan from Tottenham until the end of the season.
David Ornstein reports that the Magpies have made an offer worth over €80m, with Fabrizio Romano adding that there would be another €10m in add-ons to take the total package to €90m.
Ornstein reports that Leipzig currently favour Newcastle as a destination for their star striker over Manchester United, who are still yet to bid, and won’t bid, according to Romano, unless they get clear communication from Sesko that he would prefer to move to Old Trafford.
The Argentine spent last season on loan at Leicester, but had a relatively fruitless spell as the Foxes were relegated.
Alexander Isak spent three hours at Newcastle’s training ground today, and reportedly received treatment on the supposed thigh injury which kept him from travelling to Asia for pre-season with his teammates.
That is according to Sky Sports, who add that the rest of the squad were not in training today as they recover from an overnight flight home from Seoul, where they drew 1-1 with Spurs on Sunday.