unitedinfocus.com

Fabrizio Romano says Man Utd have been offered ‘force of nature’ striker amid Benjamin Sesko talks

Benjamin Sesko looks like an increasingly tricky target for Man Utd to land, but the alternative might not be too bad as they’ve just been offered the chance to sign a striker described as a ‘force of nature’.

When Man Utd chose to pursue Benjamin Sesko over Ollie Watkins, the hope was that it was done in the knowledge that the player wanted to sign.

However, since then, the only concrete news that has arrived is regarding Newcastle’s manic efforts to sign him, while United wait and watch.

Amid Newcastle’s latest bid close to £80m, it can be argued that the numbers have already gotten too crazy for United, prompting talks of an alternative.

Khephren Thuram of Juventus celebrates after scoring his team's first goal with teammates Dusan Vlahovic and Manuel Locatelli during the Coppa Italia Quarter Final match between Juventus and Empoli at Allianz Stadium on February 26, 2025

Photo by Filippo Alfero – Juventus FC/Juventus FC via Getty Images

Man Utd striker search latest

Some might say that even Newcastle’s first bid for Sesko was too big for United to match, and now that they have increased the fee, United should walk away.

If Sesko wanted to sign at Old Trafford, he would have made that decision already, and Newcastle wouldn’t be sitting there bidding against themselves.

Fabrizio Romano, speaking on his YouTube channel, reports that Sesko hasn’t made a decision yet, and United will bid only if they get confirmation that Sesko wants to join, regardless of Newcastle’s bids.

In the meantime, United have been offered an interesting option again, in the form of Dusan Vlahovic, described as a “force of nature” by Juventus’ official website.

More United News

Romano said: “In the last three days, Man Utd have been offered the possibility to sign Dusan Vlahovic again. He is out of Juventus’ project.

“It’s something like, if you can’t get the deal done for Sesko, Vlahovic is an opportunity. The deal is on the table. Man Utd replied that they are focused on Sesko.

“United are waiting for that Sesko. If Sesko decides to go for Newcastle, then United will go for a different option [like Vlahovic].”

Dusan Vlahovic is a deadline day deal

Much like the exiled players at Man Utd, and the clubs circling around them wanting to land them on cheap near the deadline day, Vlahovic is also in a similar boat.

Both he and Douglas Luiz are out of Juventus’ project and will leave the club before the end of the window.

United should put Vlahovic in their back pocket while they try to land strikers who they really want, like Sesko, or even Ollie Watkins, if Villa give any encouragement.

The deal for Vlahovic can be done on their own terms later in the window, and it should be, considering his wages and question marks over his ability to transfer his game to England.

Even a double deal for Vlahovic and Luiz shouldn’t be entirely ruled out, but only as a last resort option on deadline day.

Vlahovic repeatedly being offered to the club only strengthens their negotiating position.

Read full news in source page