manchesterworld.uk

Fabrizio Romano: Verbal agreement reached for Premier League rivals to sign Man Utd target

Fabrizio Romano has issued a Manchester United transfer updateplaceholder image

Fabrizio Romano has issued a Manchester United transfer update | YouTube

Man Utd have been linked to several goalkeepers this summer, including a 29-year-old who’s been linked with West Ham.

Manchester United are keen to bring in another goalkeeper this summer after a year with Andre Onana, who struggled to find consistent form at Old Trafford. He was also prone to mistakes, which almost cost United on several occasions, especially in big Europa League games.

However, it is unclear as to whether Donnarumma would be prepared to move to join United, considering that they not only don’t have Champions League football, but don’t have any European football. So the Red Devils have been looking at other potential targets instead.

Romano issues John Victor update

One of the lesser-known goalkeepers that have been linked with a move to Old Trafford is Brazilian stopper John Victor, who plays for Botafogo. The 29-year-old would be expected to come in and challenge Onana rather than be an outright replacement for the United stopper.

However, journalist Fabrizio Romano has issued an update which will come as a blow to Ruben Amorim, as it seems that John Victor could be heading to a Premier League rival instead of making the move to the North West.

Romano posted on X: “West Ham reach verbal agreement to sign John as new goalkeeper from Botafogo. €10m package almost agreed with final details being sorted, John agreed terms and the deal is almost sealed. Documents being checked… and then, here we go.”

🚨⚒️ EXCL: West Ham reach verbal agreement to sign John as new goalkeeper from Botafogo.

€10m package almost agreed with final details being sorted, John agreed terms and the deal is almost sealed.

Documents being checked… and then, here we go. 🇧🇷 pic.twitter.com/8r1LGWb0yc

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 5, 2025

Furthermore, Botafogo have agreed to sign Bournemouth goalkeeper Neto, who was on loan at Arsenal last season, which opens up a move for the Hammers to land John Victor. With Graham Potter’s side advancing to sign the Brazilian goalkeeper, Man United will have to find a new goalkeeper target who can come in and replace Onana.

Senne Lammens issues Man United admission

Seeing as the Red Devils are likely missing out on John Victor, and a deal for Donnarumma could be difficult, where else could Amorim go in terms of bringing in a goalkeeper?

Royal Antwerp stopper Senne Lammens has been heavily linked with a move to the red side of Manchester. The Belgian youth international is reportedly open to a move to Old Trafford; however, the 23-year-old has also said that he is very happy at Antwerp, and isn’t necessarily scrambling for a move away this summer.

He said in an interview last week: “Manchester United are one of the best clubs, yes, but you never know. It could also be a different club, or who knows, I might stay here. In any case, I try to keep my feet on the ground. When teams like that come along, I think you've earned it.

“I think the most important thing is that my future team, whenever they arrive, has a plan in place. Ideally, that means playing immediately, but it's also possible I'll have to take a step in between.”

Seeing as Lammens wants to play immediately if he were to leave, United would potentially have to sell Onana if they wanted to sign Lammens. They value the Cameroon international at around £30m, a similar price to what any purchase of Lammens is expected to amount to.

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page