tbrfootball.com

'He's going to...': Pundit says he already knows which club Benjamin Sesko is joining - Man United or Newcastle

The Benjamin Sesko transfer saga is nearing the finish line after both Manchester United and Newcastle tabled bids to sign him.

The RB Leipzig star was always going to be in the news in this window after he chose to stay in Germany despite a lot of interest 12 months ago.

Arsenal decided not to sign Sesko because of his price tag this summer, but neither Newcastle nor Manchester United seem to be too bothered by Leipzig’s demands.

Two different bids have gone in for Sesko, and we are all awaiting Leipzig and the player’s response. Gabby Agbonlahor thinks he already knows where the striker is going.

Gabriel Agbonlahor says Benjamin Sesko will join Manchester United over Newcastle

Both Newcastle and Manchester United have gone big for Benjamin Sesko.

The Magpies tabled an €80 million plus €10 million in add-ons bid for the striker, while the Red Devils’ current offer stands at €75 million plus another €10 million in add-ons.

Leipzig haven’t accepted either bid yet, but it does look like whichever club Sesko decides to join will end up winning the race.

Fabrizio Romano says the feeling inside Manchester United is that the Slovenia international striker will choose them over Newcastle United this week.

🚨🧨 Understand Manchester United’s feeling from earlier today is even stronger tonight…

…the club believes Benjamin Šeško only wants to join Manchester United. ❗️

Man United forwarded official contract proposal to Šeško while also keep negotiating with RB Leipzig. pic.twitter.com/05vHpT9aNZ

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 5, 2025

View Tweet

Agbonlahor agrees and has confidently claimed that he knows Sesko is heading to Old Trafford instead of St James’ Park.

“I know where he’s going to go; he’s going to Manchester United,” Agbonlahor said on talkSPORT.

“We’re not talking about £10-15-20 million more. I think we’re talking maybe £5 million more. I don’t think that they’re going to lose out on the deal.

“It comes down to the player. The player can say: ‘Listen, I want to go to Manchester United or I’m staying here. It’s simple as that.’ Players have got a little bit of power in these situations.

“Manchester United have done it cleverly; they haven’t put a bid in until they know exactly he wants to join them.”

👀 "I know where he's going: It's Man United."

🤣 "If Newcastle went in for me, they'd miss out & someone else would get in!"

Gabby Agbonlahor predicts Benjamin Šeško will turn down #NUFC and join Man United 🔴 pic.twitter.com/2V69eJ7C1w

— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) August 5, 2025

View Tweet

Newcastle United’s nightmare transfer window could continue

Newcastle United’s plans during this window have just not gone to plan.

The Magpies had an interest in Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha, but both of them joined Manchester United. Now, Sesko could go there too.

To make things worse, Joao Pedro snubbed Newcastle for Chelsea, and Hugo Ekitike did the same for Liverpool earlier in this window.

Eddie Howe will have every reason to be upset if he misses out on Sesko as well, but on the flip side, this could close the door on Alexander Isak leaving the club.

It remains to be seen how Newcastle will respond in the market if Sesko chooses Manchester United.

Read full news in source page