Manchester United and Newcastle United have made advances for RB Leipzig’s Benjamin Šeško. Two days ago, Bild reported the striker has told both clubs that he wants to join them.
A fresh report from Bild now provides the latest on the Premier League duo’s battle for the striker this summer, and it sounds like we’ve got a day or so of this drama left.
Newcastle United have made an improved offer of €80m plus €5m in bonuses [claims elsewhere have said €10m bonuses]. Manchester United have also offered a total package of €85m.
The report says these offers include details of payment terms [instalments] and bonuses.
In principle, the two offers ‘should be convincing’ for the Bundesliga club, and Bild adds their sporting director, Marcel Schäfer, will have to ‘enter into further detailed negotiations on this matter’.
Schäfer will take this step once the 22-year-old decides between the Red Devils and the Magpies.
According to the report, all parties want to have ‘clarity by Thursday’ on where the frontman will move next.
Bild lean on earlier reports to state: ‘And: The trend – as always reported – is toward Manchester, because the club has more appeal and can likely offer a higher salary.’
As we’ve noted previously, this is just something Bild throw in at the end of articles, leaning on claims from elsewhere and earlier reports, rather than their direct – and fresh – information.