sportwitness.co.uk

Player not keen on Everton or Wolves – Toffees may be being used in transfer drama

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Everton have been credited with interest in Sevilla’s Juanlu Sánchez.

The La Liga club have an agreement in place with Wolves, but the right-back wants to join Napoli.

On Wednesday, Estadio Deportivo reported Sevilla had a meeting with the 21-year-old to discuss Wolves’ bid. They are putting pressure on him to accept a move to Molineux as he holds out for a move to Napoli.

Thursday’s edition of ABC Sevilla mentions Wolves and Everton as the Serie A winners continue to push for his signing.

Juanlu arrived at Sevilla’s offices yesterday, along with his agent, and reiterated his desire to join Napoli They are said to have made an improved bid of €17m to be paid in four instalments.

Although this offer didn’t convince the Andalusian club, the newspaper claims Napoli’s latest approach shows their willingness to find an agreement, after negotiations stalled two weeks ago.

The option of joining Wolves or Everton doesn’t please the Spain U21 international. The reports says he wants his current club to find an agreement with Napoli. If not, he prefers to stay, but that seems unlikely considering Sevilla need funds to carry out signings.

An earlier report from ABC Sevilla reported the player’s camp aren’t aware of the Toffees’ interest. In addition to this, they haven’t made advances to sign him so far.

It feels Everton may be being used in this drama, adding a bit more pressure to get what Sevilla want from Napoli.

Read full news in source page