londonworld.com

Chelsea transfer round-up: Blues in 'advanced' talks amid bid to land cut-price £30m deal

Maresca wants more attacking optionsplaceholder image

Maresca wants more attacking options | AFP via Getty Images

All the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Chelsea as they prepare for a pre-season double-header.

Chelsea are back in action today when they face Bayer Leverkusen in the first of only two friendlies they will play before the start of the Premier League season. The Blues face AC Milan on Sunday, and that will wrap up a succinct pre-season owing to their FIFA Club World Cup campaign.

On the transfer front, Enzo Maresca brought in some fresh faces early in the summer, and they managed to add Jorrel Hato earlier this week, and there are more new signings and exits to come. Here we round up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Stamford Bridge.

Simons talks

Chelsea are still said to be in talks over the signing of RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons as they continue to offload players to make sure their spending remains balances.

Fabrizio Romano posted on X: “Chelsea always had the exits as priority before getting Xavi Simons deal done, while talks with RB Leipzig remain advanced. Broja, João Félix, Ugochukwu, Dewsbury-Hall, Guiu (loan), more to follow soon as direction is clear. Xavi made clear to Leipzig that he wants #CFC.”

The Blues are said to be eyeing a £50million deal for Simons, while Leipzig may hold out for something closer to £60million.

Cut-price Garnacho hope

Chelsea are also said to be eyeing a cut-price deal for Manchester United winger Alejandro Garnacho. Garnacho is awaiting an exit having been told he can leave Old Trafford this summer.

According to TeamTalk, Garnacho has an asking price of £40million, but Chelsea are said to be hoping for a deal worth just £30million plus add-ons. It remains to be seen if United would entertain such a deal, but they may have put themselves in a corner by exiling Garnacho from their plans. Clubs will know the Red Devils need to sell and look to take advantage.

Maresca on friendlies

Chelsea boss Maresca has been previewing the Leverkusen and Milan clashes. He said in his press conference on Wendesday: “We are going to try for sure to share minutes with all of the players,. Some of them like [new signing Jorrel] Hato started pre-season very early compared to us. So we are going to try to share minutes with all of them and we will see if we are going to try some different tactical things for the season.

“It is important to see where we are, but knowing that I could see in the last few days where we are physically. We have now two friendly games, in which we are going to try to share minutes, and then we focus on the Crystal Palace game.”

On the return of Wesley Fofana from injury, Maresca added: “Wes is back, he is training with us. I don’t think he’s ready to get minutes in the next two games, but probably he can be available for the Palace game. It is big news because we started last season in the first five or six months with Wes on the right of our two central defenders.”

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page