Southampton manager Will Still has revealed Everton target Tyler Dibling will not be available for their Championship game on Saturday.
It has been a week of twists and turns for Everton in the transfer window and their pursuit of Dibling has taken another turn.
Dibling has now told Southampton he’d like to leave, with Everton breathing down their necks to strike a deal.
However, the Championship outfit are refusing to roll over for the Toffees on this one.
Southampton’s CEO has told Everton to pay up for Dibling or look elsewhere in a recent public appearance at a fan forum.
Everton have been put between a rock and a hard place in their pursuit of the 19-year-old, but it is clear he wants the move.
Ahead of their Championship curtain raiser on Saturday, his manager has already ruled him out of the squad.
Southampton winger Tyler Dibling.
Photo by Robin Jones/Getty Images
Tyler Dibling ruled out of Southampton game amid Everton interest
Over recent days, Dibling has been training alone at Southampton as the transfer speculation continues to grow.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
The latest development will only add fuel to the fire, with Everton fans surely delighted to hear of his absence from Southampton’s squad for their game against Wrexham.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Still shared why he would be leaving Dibling out of the squad.
“There are a few players who are where they’re at in their careers and making choices, so Tyler won’t be available tomorrow,” Still said.
It had been suggested Everton would pursue other targets after Southampton refused to budge on their £50m asking price.
But Dibling’s transfer stance has left the Saints with a player who cannot currently be used, which may soften their own view on a potential deal.
More to follow…