liverpoolworld.uk

Southampton boss confirms major Tyler Dibling decision after Everton transfer bids

Tyler Dibling of Southampton looks on during the warm-up beforethe Premier League match between Southampton FC and Crystal Palace FC at St Mary's Stadium on April 02, 2025 in Southampton, England. (Photo by Dan Istitene/Getty Images)placeholder image

Tyler Dibling of Southampton looks on during the warm-up beforethe Premier League match between Southampton FC and Crystal Palace FC at St Mary's Stadium on April 02, 2025 in Southampton, England. (Photo by Dan Istitene/Getty Images) | Getty Images

Everton have had bids turned down by Southampton for Tyler Dibling.

Southampton boss Will Still has given an update on the future of Tyler Dibling amid Everton’s transfer pursuit.

Dibling enjoyed a breakthrough 2024-25 season despite Southampton finishing bottom of the Premier League and being relegated. He recorded four goals and three assists in 37 appearances for the south-coast side.

However, Southampton are holding out for a fee of £50 million for the 19-year-old, while they want a 25 per cent sell-on clause. The Saints kick off their 2025-26 Championship campaign against Wrexham tomorrow (12.30pm BST). And Still, who took over the St Mary’s hot seat earlier this summer, has declared that Dibling will not feature in the curtain-raiser as he ponders his future. The England youth international was withdrawn from training earlier this week to avoid injury and scupper a potential departure.

Still said at his pre-match press conference: “There are a few players who are where they’re at in their career and making choices. Tyler won’t be there, Sam [Edozie] and Joe [Aribo] won’t be in the squad, either.”

Southampton chief executive Phil Parsons addressed Dibling’s future at the BBC Radio Solent Fans’ Forum on Thursday evening. He admitted that the Saints would be open to allowing Dibling to leave the club but only for the right price.

Parsons said: "I think people in this room are not stupid, and people listening are not silly. They know football, but there is a price for every player. We're not a club that's going to roll over and just accept a bid because they feel like they want him on the cheap. If you want a player, bid for them and bid well.

"If we lose a player, we need to give Johannes (Spors, sporting director) the funds to replace that player. But it's really been about cleaning up the squad. We've had a really big squad for a couple of years. That's when it comes to bringing in academy products because that's a part of who we are.

"We have to produce talent from our academy. We'll see how the window goes, but if Tyler's here this season, he'll play for Southampton. He's not going to sit around. It's the same for every player. They are under contract at this club, and that's fair for us. We've invested in those players."

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page