footballfancast.com

Chelsea now dealt Xavi Simons worry as club threaten dramatic late hijack - journalist

Chelsea are in advanced talks over a deal for RB Leipzig starlet Xavi Simons, as has been the case for some time, but they may not have it all their own way.

Negotiations are far down the line for his signature, as widely reported, but Fabrizio Romano says that Chelsea are still attempting to make sales before pressing forward with a deal for the Dutchman.

Chelsea's best performers in the Premier League last season Average match rating

Cole Palmer 7.33

Moises Caicedo 7.02

Enzo Fernández 6.95

Nicolas Jackson 6.88

Noni Madueke 6.82

via WhoScored

“Chelsea remain in talks with RB Leipzig and Xavi Simons wants to go there," said Romano on his YouTube channel around two days ago.

"There are advanced talks, but at the moment, there’s been no breakthrough. Why?

Chelsea-Xavi-Simons

“It’s not been done for two reasons. The first one is that RB Leipzig are completely focused on the Sesko deal. So they’ll resolve that and then clarify Xavi Simons. Secondly, Chelsea are working on the outgoings. I told you that the contract and salary are almost agreed, but we have to wait for official statements for Armando Broja, Lesley Ugochukwu, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and all the rest.

“Then there’s the conversation on the price between the two clubs, which is something absolutely important.”

Despite some reports in the last 48 hours claiming that Chelsea have reached a 'total agreement' for Simons, it appears there is still some work to do for the 22-year-old's signature.

The former PSG playmaker is determined to join Chelsea, though, and has removed Leipzig from his Instagram bio in a clear hint that Simons has his eyes on a move to Stamford Bridge.

However, as per Chelsea journalist Simon Phillips, a mystery club is now threatening to derail their pursuit of the Bundesliga sensation.

Mystery club threaten Chelsea hijack for Xavi Simons

Writing via his Substack live blog [16:38, Thursday], an unnamed side have now come in for Simons, and this could 'complicate things', or at the very least force Chelsea to up the ante.

"SPTC Sources have heard that another ‘unnamed club’ has now come in for Xavi Simons," wrote Phillips.

xavi-simons-chelsea-premier-league

"Source states it could ‘complicate things’ or it could ‘speed Chelsea up’.

"Simons has agreed personal terms with Chelsea and is and has always been waiting for the move to us, but I’m not sure it’s been a Chelsea or nothing attitude so this would concern me.

"Let’s just hope it speeds us up to agree a fee."

Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol states that the Blues want to agree a deal for Simons below the £50 million mark.

Given Tottenham's glaring need for a number 10 after James Maddison's serious knee injury, we speculate that Thomas Frank's side may well be the mystery club here.

After all, they were ready to spend £60 million on Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White just last month before Evangelos Marinakis blocked the move, so Daniel Levy is quite clearly prepared to splash the cash on a new attacking midfielder.

Read full news in source page