tbrfootball.com

Newcastle now eyeing Benjamin Sesko alternative deemed 'one of the best strikers in Europe' on his day

Newcastle United are looking to move on quickly from their failure to land Benjamin Sesko by targeting a player who has been deemed “one of the best strikers in Europe” on his day.

Newcastle haven’t had the greatest of transfer windows, missing out on no fewer than eight key targets over the past few months.

Sesko, Dean Huijsen, Liam Delap, Joao Pedro, Matheus Cunha, Bryan Mbeumo, James Trafford and Hugo Ekitike have all picked other clubs over a move to St James’ Park.

In addition, Newcastle also have the unenviable task of trying to replace star striker Alexander Isak, who is keen on joining Liverpool.

However, the Magpies have stepped up their search for a new striker, and they have held talks over a centre-forward who has performed at the highest level.

Randal Kolo Muani of France scores the team's fourth penalty in the penalty shoot out during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Final match between Argentina and France at Qatar's Lusail Stadium on December 18, 2022

Photo by Maja Hitij – FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images

Randal Kolo Muani ‘one of the best strikers in Europe’ on his day

TBR Football have confirmed that Newcastle have spoken to Randal Kolo Muani’s representatives, along with Paris Saint-Germain, over a prospective move to St James’ Park.

Kolo Muani enjoyed a fruitful loan spell at Juventus in the second half of last season, bagging 10 goals and three assists from 22 competitive outings for the Bianconeri.

However, TBR Football sources understand that Juve have been unable to agree terms, with PSG wanting a permanent deal or at least a loan with obligation worth over £50million.

This has opened the race up, and Newcastle are among the clubs looking to swoop for a striker who has won plenty of plaudits over the years.

France teammate Matteo Guendouzi said in November last year, as per Le10 Sport: “Randal, he has the qualities. A confident Randal is one of the best strikers in Europe.”

Kylian Mbappe was asked about Kolo Muani in wake of France’s 4-0 win over the Netherlands in March 2023, and he too sung his praises.

“He is a striker who offers different game options to our team,” the Real Madrid striker said. “He is very complete and has an impressive volume of play.”

READ MORE: Tino Livramento and Sandro Tonali react as Sean Longstaff sends message to Newcastle after completing Leeds move

What Randal Kolo Muani could bring to Newcastle

The official Bundesliga website compared Kolo Muani to France legend Thierry Henry back in 2023.

‘Much like Kolo Muani, legendary France striker Henry started his career by impressing with his pace and trickery out wide before being repurposed as a centre-forward,’ they wrote.

‘Both players also clock in around the 6ft 2in mark and cut very similar, rangy figures.

‘Kolo Muani also has a languid dribbling style and immense turn of speed that were hallmarks of Henry’s game – especially at a young age.

‘He bears similar strength on the ball and a cheekiness to his play that will leave Bundesliga defenders both in his wake and cutting frustrated figures.’

At 26 years of age and a valuation of around £50million, Muani is in his prime and is not overly expensive compared to other top-level strikers.

Read full news in source page